LOSA-1985 Batch Silver Jubilee Reunion-2010.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by paanzaa, Jan 15, 2010.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends...
    This is from the Silver Jubilee Batch of the Year 2010, The first 100% batch of the School in plus two, the incredible 1985 Batch.

This batch saw the founding of LOSA and was instrumental in spearheading of LOSA.

While plans are on to have a reunion, there have been many mini reunions amongst us.

We are trying to find those missing batchmates :hide: who are not on our mailing list.. So kindly read and post if you happen to find one. Photos are welcome...

2. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

The group met in Madurai on the Christmas day in GRT Hotel. Aptly the hall was named Sangamam. The meet started with a prayer and remembered the 4 departed souls of the batch.
    * The Chief coordinator Ashwin welcomed everyone as did Venkata who had arranged the venue.
    * The Group is truly global- S.Venkatesh, a tennis champion, mridangam player and currently CEO of a global organization is based in Melbourne. Gopal Rao is in Malaysia, Usha in Singapore, Tony in Kenya,S.R.Prasad in Dubai,D.Ramesh is in Ethiopia, Muruganandam is in Chile. Deepa is in UK and there are 22 of the batch in US from the East to West coast.
    * Latha (UK),Anand Gnanaraj( Chennai),Abdul Shakkoor(Singapore) And Rajkumar ( now doing DM) are medical doctors. Veera is a veterinary surgeon. Of the 5, 3 are married to medical doctors.
    * Rammanohar (Seattle) heads a software firm of his won. Nandakumar holds patents in printing technology. Srini is a travel software consultant...Mekalai heads her won global operations. Sundar,Mahesh are software professionals of the first Generation.

More to come...

3. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Ramesh and Kannan and their spouses work for LIC. Indhu and Sowmya , Suresh and Shakuntala, Anantakrishnan and Sudha, Vignesh and Mekalai are all first cousins. Ramesh, Vydianathan, Balaji, Deepak and Srinivasan are from the same ancestral tree, along with their Principal, Mrs.L.Kamala.

The reunion started with a mark of remembrance to the 4 deceased members of the batch...Manoj, Meiyappan, V.Srinivasan and M.Vidya. While the recap was done in the morning about the past 25 years by each member, the afternoon was leg pulling..titled Bunguru speaks. Anecdotes of classroom life were the essence.

4. Raghu2109

Raghu2109 New IL'ite

Hi Paanza

Nice to know you and all our school mates.. I was googling around for old school mates and luckily I could find your post...I ( Full name R.Raghunathan, Active in Cricket in School that time ) studied in TVS Lakshmi Higher Secondary school ( then CBSE) between 3rd and 7th Standard. I finished my 7th Standard in 1980 I guess, and then left for Coimbatore. So I guess must have some old school mates from 1985 batch that did schooling with me between 3rd and 7th standard!! Out of the names you have mentioned, I clearly remember S.Venkatesh in my class and I could relate him with his Tennis and Mridangam performances those days... I remember D.Ramesh. I don't remember other friends listed however I'm glad I could get into the list..
    I clearly remember few names that were in my class: S.Saravanan, S.Chandrasekhar, C.Chandrasekhar, D.Ramesh, S.Venkatesh, S.Harinarayanan, Vivitha, S.Srividya, V.Srividhya, Venkata Narayanan ( Only person I met in Chennai few years back), Prakash Babu (Cricketer) , Suresh ( Met him in US once, lost touch)...I guess some of them would have been part of the 1985 batch pass out...

Looking forward to hear from you.... I will be in touch once I hear back and probably we can share our coordinates.