Lord Tirupati Balaji!

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Nisha2017, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Nisha2017

Nisha2017 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am a north Indian girl but for some reason I have a faith and attraction towards lord balaji,,Can someone tell the procedure to keep fast for him or what all I can do to please him.

Thanks,
    Nisha

Sabitha and MehulAtharvMom like this.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Hi...
    Hi...I'm a North Indian too and I too is attracted towards Lord Tirupati Balaji. Since HE is none other than Lord Vishnu Himself...so u can listen to or read Vishnu Saharasnama. You can also read 108 names of Lord Vishnu or Lord Venkateshwara.
    Or else...chant..OM NAMO BHAGWATE VASUDEVAYA..It is a very powerful mantra and brings lots and lots if benedictions and positivity in one's life.

3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Hi...
    Hi...I'm a North Indian too and I too is attracted towards Lord Tirupati Balaji. Since HE is none other than Lord Vishnu Himself...so u can listen to or read Vishnu Saharasnama. You can also read 108 names of Lord Vishnu or Lord Venkateshwara.
    Or else...chant..OM NAMO BHAGWATE VASUDEVAYA..It is a very powerful mantra and brings lots and lots if benedictions and positivity in one's life.

4. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

Lord Balaji worship on Saturday is very auspicious. Balaji is said to have taken avatar on Saturday Sravan Nakshatra day. You can perform pooja to Venkateswara on Saturday. Even Tirupathi is more crowded on Saturday compared to other days.

Some People take a vow to perform both fasting and pooja on 7 Saturdays continuously.....

premabarani, MehulAtharvMom and dc24 like this.
  5. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

the link below has details of pooja to be performed on Saturday

Miraculous Vrathams: Sri Venkateswara Vratha Kalpam

premabarani and Madhumagie like this.
  6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear @Suparni
    Thanks for the wonderful information you shared on Lord Balaji Saturday vrath.

premabarani and Suparni like this.
  7. Nisha2017

Nisha2017 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this information, Can i keep fast during my monthly days also (periods) when keeping for 7 Saturdays .

premabarani likes this.
  8. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

premabarani and Suparni like this.
  9. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

You skip the Saturday when you have periods. It might actually become 8 weeks or more for you that way....because you skipped a week midway......does not matter.......for all pooja vratha or fasting this is the method advised for women........

During periods generally there is no restriction to recite mantras in your mind instead of chanting them aloud.........

Only external pooja, reciting mantras aloud or visiting temples is not encouraged........This is because there is some bacterial infection associated with women during that period......they associate this with negative vibrations in Hinduism..........But as I said earlier, you can recite any mantra in your mind.........

I have personally experienced it..........during my periods, i accidentally watered tulsi plant and viva plant.......The leaves of the plant started falling out after some time............It is to be noted that tulsi and vilva is associated with positive energy and is worshipped by hindus..........

10. MehulAtharvMom

MehulAtharvMom Gold IL'ite

@Suparni,

Good information.
    As I am also from North knows little about him.
    I have visited Tirupati, the laddu Prasad is very-very tasty.