1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely Life

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Meghaa, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I dont understand this. I get the nothing in common part , but not the involve her because of strong career? Involve her in what , how does her career help?

My circle - there are those that are great and others not so great. I try to keep my distance from those who are insensitive/nosy.
    But no , moving to India isnt anything happening very soon.

I cant afford to go back to studying . but I am trying to learn online , use the learning resources provided by my employer

pooaps likes this.
  2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

My cousin is financially doing very well with her hard work so relatives see her as rich and tag along with her.

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

you are going through rough phase in different angels, I could relate to it in many things like I said before in your previous post. life teaches hard lessons and you will blossom like a lotus out of the mud, while are you keeping the distance from some people in your life , keep up the spirit, watch yourself that it wont lead to obsessive negative feelings and not get in depression, you still have chances to get pregnant, life changes, you may settle in India/abroad whatever it is, you will get into different stage of life, life looks hopeful, happy again.

sindmani and Meghaa like this.
  4. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

<Sigh> I believed you will get used to whatever situation you are in , eventually. But it feels like , I am not adjusted yet and I have had quite a bit of time.
    I cant help wonder what karma I accrued to deserve all of this?

skalluri likes this.
  5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

it is not that it will continue and you will get used to it.. what I mean is some of the things will change , there is a quote by Charlie Chaplin " nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles"

try to read these good sites.

tinybuddha.com
    littlethings.com
    bigthink.com
    healyourlife.com

Meghaa likes this.
  6. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the suggestions. I am adding them to my favourites. Tinybuddha was on my list - but I should spend more time there.
    The last few years have been so hard, everytime I think I have hit an absolute low, things go further south. I have given up on hoping/waiting for things to get better and working on 'ACCEPTANCE'

skalluri likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Megha - Don't overthink. When the going gets tough I often get bogged down because of all the what ifs that go on in my mind. Mostly because I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow and have no way to fix all the loopholes. Take it one day at a time. Sometimes just putting in some effort to appearance and getting dressed and getting out helps. Organize a date night with your DH and just talk about other things without bringing up the stressors. Maybe even write a journal so those things aren't in your head but written down.
    Find an activity that you enjoy and do it. Physical activity is supposed to release endorphins and make you feel better.

When you talk about acceptance, stressing about acceptance will also cause anxiety. Acceptance will come after you go through the cycle of anger,guilt,grief etc. And it's a cyclical thing, so at some point you may feel like you are again grieving. So instead of hurrying to accept whatever it is you are dealing with, take things one day at a time. Give it time. It's hard to be estranged from a family member and also have other issues in your personal life.

Going to India - since it isn't feasible now, why worry now. You can pick up that thought later. There are pros and cons to the move and you need to be in a good frame of mind before deciding a move.

Lastly, a good counselor may help if you aren't able to sort through these feelings yourself.

skalluri and Meghaa like this.
  8. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you Laks. I have looked up a counsellor. But havent made an appoinment yet. I am so exhauseted with running around my RE , acupuncture appoinments and work. I think I will cry if I have to add one more appointment right now. But I will after a few weeks.

Yes , I have noticed that there are days when I think , I have moved on and in a better place , but on others it feels like the grief and anger comes back with vengeance.

Yes to Yoga!

skalluri and Laks09 like this.
  9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Give it time. Everything takes its own time. Especially pregnancy.For me it took more than 3 yrs to conceive. Luckily I am abroad so didn't have to hear _ Oh you don't have any kids. My poor parents had to hear it. But they pointed out that she will have when she wants.

When I married , I was in my 20's but I was firm I wanted to be settled before kids and had one in 30's. In India everybody tell don't plan in 30's , but nowadays its a norm and everybody want to be comfortable before becoming parents.

Relax your mind and put baby making pressure on back burner. I am sure in 6 months you will come back with you are pregnant news. Take care of your health, everything will fall into place. Good Luck.

10. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

Megha,
    Sorry I wrote the earlier post without reading the rest of the thread....I think all the PPs have given great suggestions....I can very well understand the pain of loneliness....if it feasible for you and your family, and you are mentally prepared then you can seriously start putting paperwork for adoption..while you are trying for baby....I personally do not believe in more aggressive treatment for fertility because I feel it does more harm to the body..maybe you can try upto 3 cycle max, but I have seen people who adopted naturally had a kid later...adoption in india waitlist is long and I think the combined age of husband and wife should not be more than 90..
    I am not sure which part of India you belong to, I am from north indian metro city and when I went there, I felt life there has its cons with more powercuts, water scarcity, crowd, pollution, even if you are in crowd you may feel lonely..you may go enjoy the life there and come back here if you can afford to....it would be nice to put your loneliness to good use...not all of us are blessed with big families....I have 2 brothers and with both of them we have formal relations, my DH side, same there sibling relations are not that attached...lucky are the people here who have good family....BUT i feel going back to India may not solve your problem of family...think, re think... try, test waters and then act , good luck!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017