1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Little People, Mega Brains

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi
    What an apt title for these little smarties.
    I too have heard about these little brainy people it is just amazing hearing these kids. If you are a Oprah show watcher. You will remember a 3 or 4 year girl kid was showing the the countries and they capital so accurately. And the parents have not thought her that.
    Such kids are born genieous from the day they are born.
    But when i see some parents blackmailing the kids emotionally and forcing the kid to do something that they are not interested much is very sad to read about them too. The other day I read in papers that one lady almost tortures her little one of 8 or 9 years to dance day and night just that she will be no. one dancer. The kid is not even allowed to have her sufficient sleeps and rest. My heart goes for such kids.

1 person likes this.
  2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Satchi
    'Awe" to the kid! Indeed laudable; both the kid and your post!
    During my recent trip I met this little girl (around 6yrs) who was running around the conveyor belt at the airport, asking fellow passengers help to pull the heavy bags from the conveyor belt at the baggage collect area. She managed to collect 4 bags and load it into her trolley. I thought that she must be either travelling with disabled parents, pregnant mom or something in those lines. Finally there came an mammoth carton! She ran to me and asked me to load it into the trolly. Despite wanting to help her, I had to apologize saying it was way too heavy for me to lift. She was annoyed. Guess what she retorted ”my dad is a strong man and he can easily lift that bag, it’s just that I want to save him the trouble of lifting big stuff". Then I saw her parents walking as if they were in a shopping mall, they seemed to be in perfect physical robustness and form, better than most of those poor people who had endeavored to lift those big suitcases for them! WHAT CHEEK!!!!
    We need to be on our guard, “big things do come in little packages.”.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

ALord!The world seems to be swarming with Doogie Hausers.(Remember the serial about the kid doctor who had problems with issues concerning an adolescent). But kids nowadays are informed amazingly and they need not be prodigies. I think, internet and TV are responsible for this. But I believe prodigies are made and not born. It is a question of how you nurture them.

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm. Interesting thought Balajee. Only makes me wonder when they talk of 2 year olds reading and writing - an age at which normal toddlers are battling to keep their centre of gravity on even keel.

5. satchitananda

Dear Kamalji,

6. satchitananda

Hi Aruna,

These kind of parents are seen pushing their kids into reality shows at a really tender age, so as to get publicity and it is so heart rending to see these kids breaking down and crying when they are eliminated or not selected. And it makes my blood boil when I see the parents crying instead of telling the child it is OK. This kind of pressurizing is really criminal.

7. satchitananda

Hi Megalife,

This is indeed galling. Can't imagine the cheek of the parents or should I say shamelessness that they just allow their kid to "handle" off loading the luggage. And one hell of a precocious kid eh. But so cute, she wants to save her "strong daddy" the trouble of handling heavy baggage. :biglaugh