1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

List your favourite Indian Suspense / Thriller movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Decentguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

here take it....

[​IMG]

and leave 6 rs on the table pleej.

2 people like this.
  2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Old anveshana (telugu), A film by aravind (telugu), krishna cottage (hindi),madhyanam hatya(telugu),raksha (telugu - i did not see but heard its a thriller)

1 person likes this.
  3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Kaun? (1999 Hindi thriller with Urmila): I think it starts out slow but was on the edge of my seat at the end.
    It's a rainy day and a young woman is all alone in the house. She is shown talking to her family on the phone, anxious for them to come back to the house. Adding to her anxiety is the television, which announces that a killer is on the loose. And then, the doorbell rings. Who could it be?

Anaganaga oka roju (1997 Telugu thriller with Urmila and J.D) : Enjoyed this one!
    Two runaway lovers are wanted both by the police and a bunch of crooks. Unknown to them they carry a powerful evidence that can expose a dirty political plot. The only person who can help them is a thief who himself is wanted by the police.

8X10 tasveer (2009 Hindi thriller) I dont exactly remember the details but it seemed interesting when I started it.
    8 X 10 revolves around Jai, a man who has the power to see into the past. He uses this power to help people even though using it nearly kills him every time. When his father, Jatin, dies in a mysterious boating accident, Jai's suspicion is aroused by the appearance of an oddball detective, Happi. The only article that can help him in his investigation is an 8 X 10 photograph taken just minutes before the accident by his mother

Taxi # 9211: (2006 Hindi comedy thriller-Nanapatekar and John Abraham)
    A must watch for those that missed this one. A party player(John abraham) in a rush to make a court appointment to take original will involving a multi-million dollar trust gets the ride of his life when he sits in the cab of an alcoholic taxi driver(Samuel Jackson). A taxi driver and a rich man engage in a game of cat-and-mouse after a car accident.

1 person likes this.
  4. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Ghajini(Hindi) starring Aamir Khan - Rip of of Hollywood movie Memento, but still a good ripoff. It was a superhit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Samuel Jackson? I think you wanted to say Nana Patekar. I think 9211 is a copy of some hollywood movie . Am I correct?

6. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Adhe kangal.. old Tamil movie.. ravichandran and kanchana in this thriller with some beautiful songs.. a wealthy family gets targeted by an unknown stranger and hero in nabbing the guy just sees the killer's eyes... and with that finds the killer in climax...

Idhayakamalam... one another Ravichandran film... his wife dies bizzarely again someone claiming to be his wife comes and the plot unravels.. this film was said to have one of the earliest CG like picturization..

Lot of jayashankar films some like noothukku nooru really scored 100... interesting plot too.. one professor gets blamed for 3 different acts by 3 people... how he proves his innocence is the whole film...

Will come up with more later

1 person likes this.
  7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Kohraa(Hindi) starring Waheeda Rehman, Biswajeet - In this re-imagining of Du Maurier's Rebecca, a recently wed woman discovers the ghost of her husband's first wife still haunts their home.

Khoj ( Hindi) starring Rishi Kapoor, Kimi Katker - Ravi gets a call from Father Anthony saying that his missing wife is with him in the Church.But when he meets her claims that she is not his wife. Inspector Balbir finds all the proofs are against Ravi but why is Ravi not ready to face it?

8. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Qatl(Hindi) starring Sanjeev Kumar, Sarika - A blind man plans revenge on his adulterous wife.... by murder. A taut thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat

Baazigar ( Hindi) Starring Shahrukh Khan - Remake of Hollywood movie " A Kiss before Dying". Nice music, nice acting by SRK, good plot.

1 person likes this.
  9. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

In Tamil :

Kaattradhu Tamizh - It's about a guy who's an MA in Tamil Literature, who's dissatisfied with life because of low pay and frustrated because of westernization, BPO and software culture, and no respect for native languages. He goes on a killing spree. Nice acting by Jiiva and some amazing lines.

Vetaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - It's about a couple of MBBS graduates who lure girls, assault them and kill them brutally. Kamal Hasan plays a cop who goes to NYC in search of them and meets Jothika over there. Gautam Menon movie.

Yaavarum Naalum - It's about a family, that regularly follows a TV soap and eventually realizes that whatever is happening in the soap is strangely repeating itself in their lives. Starring : Madhavan, Neetu Chandra

1 person likes this.
  10. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

In Telugu :

Danger - This is the first movie that came to my mind, when I read thriller. It's about a group of friends who happen to accidentally film it when a minister is indulging in human sacrifice in belief that he will become the CM. They are then threatened and chased by his goons and how they escape and lay a trap for the minister to get caught forms the rest of the story. It's a pacy thriller and funny too.

Aithe - It's about a group of friends, who are broke, in the pretext of working for a gangster, kidnap him and claim government ransom, while on the other hand, his goons and the police are on the lookout for them.

2 people like this.