List of craft shops in sharjah

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Sharjah' started by smita.mahesh, Sep 4, 2011.

1. smita.mahesh

smita.mahesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time searching for craft shops in sharjah and feel that we should start a list of all the craft shops that we know and compile a list. Am sure that it would be beneficial for all craft lovers...I need your help and cooperation for this...please...Let me start off...

Happy Home tailoring...in Rolla...Behind Al Manama Supermarket...They have another branch near the Radisson hotel sharjah but I think that shop will be closed soon. There are other shops near the shop in Rolla like Dream home etc...all selling tailoring material and...There's a shop just next to the Bareeze showroom right behind Al Manama Supermarket that sells beads, and other stuff..i dont remember the name..

Nawras trading which has all craft supplies for a variety of craft like clay cutters etc...This is on Jamal Abdul Nasser street near Union Pharmacy...If you know the Gulf News office building this is in the building just in front of it.

Al Sadiq Bookshop near the Firestation roundabout has thermocol materials for craft, clays etc..I need to explore this shop more...:).

There is another bookshop near the old Al Qurtuba restaurant just next to Rodha studio in the same street as the firestation. They also have foam material in various shades...net material etc which can be used for flower making...I found a kind of crepe paper...stiffer than the usual ones but not duplex called Alukreppe...looks good, i still have to try making flowers out of it..:)

Silver Thread shop next to the Al Zubair plaza in Ghuwair market is another shop where you may find craft stuff..i even found some rolls of extremely fine beading wire which i couldnt find anywhere else.

Al Majlis is another shop selling tailoring material opposite concord cinema..

There are more tailoring material shops in the Ghuwair market area like Ibrahim and sons or something that do have other craft material as well..

That's it..i will update the list when i come to know of other shops. Please do add and perhaps our moderator would make a sticky out of it so that it is there for all to see and make use of.

1 person likes this.

2. sheena1982

sheena1982 Senior IL'ite

Lot of thanks...I am planning to make flowers so i think it will help a lots ......

3. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Good going smita, I think you have covered almost all craft shops in sharjah.
    regds
    latha

4. samata

samata New IL'ite

hi

do u know if these shops sell canvas and painting material as well?

samata

5. rubs

rubs New IL'ite

Wow!that was some research........can any one help me out with the crafts shops in Dubai?? Plzzzzz.....
    Thanx in advance......