Life of a typical Housewife...

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by pridelady, Jul 20, 2010.

1. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

I am a housewife living with my DH, my routine is fixed, like I wake up at 7.30am then cook lunch for my husband. As he has to leave for office at 9.30am, so in these two hours I have to prepare lunch, breakfast( mostly toast), and so many things along with this (like boiling milk, do brush, do dusting as my maid comes at 9.30am, and bla bla bla).Then whole day I am free as my maid do all other things then cooking. So all day I do stick to my laptop, either do surfing or watch a movie( and waste my time), again in the evening do cooking, and then wait for my husband.
    When I wake up the first thing comes into my mind is what to make for lunch, like my husband likes to have two vegetables daily in his lunch. So for a week I need to make 10 vegetables ( because in the evenings we like to eat something different like pav-bhaji, dosa, chhole bhature etc...). Can anyone suggest me what to make in lunch daily,as we are north Indians so idli dosa rice won't do.
    Does anybody has routine like me, as I have become bore of it, how do you cope up with it.
    Well one thing that is gonna change my life completely is that I am 32 weeks pregnant and within two months my life won't be same as before. Hopefully it is gonna be bettter.
    Right now I was just getting too bore that I started this thread....thanks for reading till end. Hope I'll get interesting answers.

1 person likes this.

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi pridelady:)

well first of all we are not house wives, we are home makers, dopnt u agree with me :thumbsup

I have more or less the same routine as yours, only thing is i just need to prepare breakfast for ny hubby and for the lunch i am alone:spin
    I cook something fresh once my hubby is back from work. By the way congrats for the arrival of a new member to your family.

take care and have loads of fun.
    Nandini Mithun:wave:wave

3. sunshines

sunshines New IL'ite

hi Pridelady,
    Congratulations ! I really liked ur discussion as at somepoint most of us have this feeling.....it may sound silly to others.but, only people experiencing it will know how it feels.
    let me explain my schedule....I wake up around 6.15 refresh and then make coffee and breakfast for my husband. then off late I have started to sit down and relax with a cup of coffee for about 10 - 15 mins and then pack lunch for my husband since he has to leave by 7.40 am I prepare few things previous night itself.
    After he leaves I do my regular cleaning job... I have a cleaning schedule like mondays its sorting bills and cleaning PC... tuesdays its cleaning hall and dining it goes on. Apart from this there is also dishwashing and laundry. once I m done with cleaning I have a shower and do short pujai and then have breakfast. Then I chat with my mom and then watch tv, do some arts and crafts.... etc... but mostdays in the evening I kind of start feeling little lonely and the need to talk to people.... unfortunately I dont have many friends here to talk to . my new relief is Indusladies now.