1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Is Merciless

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by cheenu123, Jul 6, 2016.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

My journey in this site started some 3 years back as a newly married woman trying to learn and unlearn from experiences of sage women over here and seeking solution to my problems for which I could not vent anywhere else. Who knew that my married life would see such a downward spiral that today, its been around 3 months that I’m at parents and me and my DH have decided to call it quits and both sets of families have agreed (non consummation-oh how these 2 words suck the life out of me+excessive mental harassment from MIL & SIL).

It seems that MIL & SIL were waiting and none of them made a single attempt for reconciliation when every time before this, I was the one who took an initiative to mend things. But this time things got nasty and my father spoke very rude words to my MIL & DH and even raised his hand as if he would hit DH but he stopped. My MIL+SIL+DH are bad mouthing my father & brother that how dare they tried hitting him? I am extremely disgusted by in-laws. Is it OK for Indian men and their atrocious families to completely derail a woman’s sanity in 4-walls of home and exercise mental cruelty on her by not giving her a basic conjugal right of consummation, by torturing her over her everyday food choices+dressing sense + family background+ looks so much so that a highly qualified independent girl is reduced to zero? But if the same thing comes out in open and the girl’s family reacts in disbelief by swearing and only pretending to hit, all hell breaks lose? That means my MIL SIL and DH are allowed to slowly poison me and reduce me to a non-entity but the moment my parents react it is not tolerated? This time my DH dint even bother saying that he will go for a treatment, for him, the shock of my father shouting at him was too much for his ego and every atrocity that he and his family ever indulged in, pales in comparison to it.

I’m extremely saddened by the cruel realizations which have dawned on me. I tell myself everyday not to hate anyone but I just cant seem to help myself. There was a time when I shared a beautiful bond with my DH but my MIL & SIL ruined everything. My MIL just couldn’t share him with anyone and he was too blinded by him.

Chaitanya95 likes this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hugs Cheenu. I have a feeling you are better out off out of this. Take your time to heal completely. Am sure life has better things in store for you.

sindmani, guesshoo and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @cheenu123 ,

I am very sad to read your post.

I think there is still time to cool down, relax, think and look for ways to avoid this painful separation with painful consequences. It appears everyone in this drama have committed some errors without caring for the consequences for both Husband and Wife.

1) Did you contact a marriage counselor? Or a person whom you believe your DH holds in high esteem? If not, please contact immediately before signing any papers.
    2) Don't be emotional and do not allow your well wishers to be emotional and mess up.
    3) Husband and wife relationship is one to one.
    Only under extra extra ordinary circumstances any one, however close relation, should be allowed to come in between a husband and wife for any Panchayat/influence/advice.

Contact a professional and effective marriage counselor and seek help.

I pray God give you the happiness of a good married life.

4. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Dear @suryakala

I tried speaking to my DH a month back, not to get back with him but to end this relationship like 2 mature individuals, avoiding dragging parents and excessive mud slinging. However, my DH dint take my call or revert to my message. Rather later that night, an uncle who is a common friend and a lawyer, and also representing DH called my dad and asked him to tell his daughter not to threaten the guy! Thank god I had already shared that message with my parents that I tried speaking to DH so it dint come as a shock to them. DH is acting that he is GOD and that my family is family of sinners whereas the truth is that I'm the one of who is at the receiving end, I tried to hide for months on end about consummation with my parents which is hitting me now, I would always bend backwards for his family thinking maybe this would strengthen our relationship but absolutely nothing worked.

5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear DD @cheenu123 ,

I quote:
    "There was a time when I shared a beautiful bond with my DH but my MIL & SIL ruined everything".

If despite non consummation for three years, you could share a beautiful bond with your DH,and that bond was spoiled by your MIL and SIL, I still feel there could be small space for advice from a non-partisan marriage counselor.
    If it is a medical problem without any possible solution, be brave, accept the unfortunate past and brush it aside smoothly from your life and memory.
    Plan, work and look forward for a bright new future with a smile.

cheenu123 likes this.
  6. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Yes @suryakala,

All these days I have realized that DH was loving as long as MIL and SIL were far off. As soon as they were around, he would be a different person. I hail from a pharma background and I knew that if I disclosed the non-consummation thing to my parents, I would never be allowed to stay put in the marriage, therefore, I left no stone unturned to take my DH to doctors, to visit th gynecologists with him to reassure him that it is not him, it is US who are working towards this problem, so much so that I have undergone a 2-finger test when my DH had a doubt that I suffered from vaginismus. All the doctors would examine him and give him a clean chit but I still wonder why he just couldn't perform!! I was and I'm very human. Our last trip was to Thailand and we decided that we will seek professional help to get over this thing but when we finally reached there, my DH gave up. Then I insisted that we buy a vibrator so that he learns how to use it which might help him. My DH never even opened the packing of that vibrator. There were days when I would tell me with love/anger/pain that I'm a normal girl and that I need physical intimacy and that if this marriage is going to continue like this, then we must arrive at a solution of either coming clean and making a pact or going our ways but this guy would not budge at all.
    I wonder what did he have in his mind? If he really wanted to end this marriage he could have told me and this could have been handled, my questions are literally killing me.

7. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

Can you try to nullify the marriage..since there was no consummation?

I know friends who are in sexless marriages for years. Closeted gays I suspect. In the end women suffer.

I am glad you are out of this marriage. Time heals all wounds. Be strong!

NeetaR and KashmirFlower like this.
  8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Hugs @cheenu123 you will pull through this tragic event.
    Please be happy that your parents supported you. Try to nullify the marriage. Move on. It will take some time.. but you will get through.

Why the pretense of marriage if the guy doesn't want to consummate ? For his family sake? to destroy a women's life for his fear of not facing the truth about himself?

Rajkum846 and NeetaR like this.
  9. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Hugs to you @cheenu123

I'm happy to read what your father did. Don't worry about them bad-mouthing your father and brother, they are making a fool of themselves by doing so. People are not dumb, these people will think why a respectable man such as your father would do such a thing if your in-laws hadn't done anything bad to you in the first place.

10. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

My lawyer has told me that in India it is very difficult to prove non-consummation of marriage so nullity can't be proved. My DH has openly admitted to the fact that the intercourse has never happened but his mother has started telling all her kith & kin that the girl had a problem, she never accepted her son!