Life is helping others WIN

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Ashna, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

This is an article that i read from an magazine and i found it worth putting here:

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash.

At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back.....every one of them.

One girl with Down's syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story.

Why?

Because deep down we know this one thing: What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.

2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ashna..

Dear Ashna

Thanks for posting this article, made a poignant reading. ( i missed reading it earlier, so after reading it, I am responding immediately)

These special children proved that they truly represent the God in His pristine compassionate form. It is said that God always identifies Himself with the 'least, the last and the lost'.

I often visit a school for these special children which is close by my place. I know a girl, a student of the school, who won Gold for India in Special Olympics and I featured her in an English Daily, and I want to tell you, I felt privileged and proud to do that..... I often see her helping the other children with lots of care and genuine love......Yes, these children are truly 'SPECIAL'...

Thanks again for posting this piece..
    ambika