1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life at Crossroads

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 25, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Failures come to everyone. When they come our way we should not take them too hard. A failure can let us down but it cant keep us there. If we stay there it isexremely our fault. It isnot enough if we talk to God, we should talk to God about our troubles, our joys, our sorrows and our happiness.

Everyone has some problem or other. In the present world noone is happy as they were before.
    Olden days joint family was there. Everyone was helpful to each other. Chidlren were born easily and that more children. The more the merrier.

If you ask the kids their problem , they will say my parents go to work , I am left in the crèche. I miss my parents. Have to wait till evening to see my parents. If you ask the teenagers , those who are studying they will say I am not getting admission to the college where I want. The others who are looking out for job will say I am not getting proper job, if I get Idont get good salary, do not get job according to my qualification.

Those who are of marriageable age they will say I am not getting a life partner as I want, the partner who is smart does not havea proper job, the person who has a job is not smart. Those who have both job and smartness don’t look presentable.

Those who are married, who have no children will complain we have no children and others who have children, some will say no proper person to look after my children when I go for work, no peace for me in the office. My in laws don’t want to look after my children. Either way people are worried. Some say my children trouble me a lot, when they are two years only they put them in school. Poor children from the age of 2 years they have to struggle.

For ladies menopause time is a difficult time. That time only all types of aches will start. In present times we hear more of that sort. Those who have crossed sixty , for some their children are abroad and for some noone to look after. Some who don’t have these two problems , children are there to look after but they cant adjust with them.

So everywhere problems, problems, problems. There is aright and wrong way for everything we do. It is always better to choose the right way. We should be a little more helpful and understanding to those around us. All are human beings. Virtues alone can make a man noble.Crossroads at which we stand sooner or later which road shall we take . We should know which road will lead us to final happiness.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Vijij,
    what a great post once again. Life is very beautiful it is us humans who bring on alot of sad things and problems upon us, if we could just stop for a moment and think about our problem and stop blaming others about it and start to take matters into our hands we shall be able to get a solution. Life is always at crossroads and we have to make the most of it, there are so many people in this world who have so many problems but still they smile move on. i always believe take life as a challenge and make the best of every situation beit good or worse.
    you will always come out as a better person. We women are multi talented and can do so many things at a go. life for us will alwsy be at crossroads and without it there is no fun

hug, kisses and love
    alpa:cheers

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dearest Alpa

Thanks for your first fb. You have made myday. Enjoyed reading your fb and there is so much to learn from your fb. Right Life is a challenge and it is in our hands to make it beautiful instead of worrying. We have so many good friends who are always there for us to love and care so life will be always interesting to live. We should pray to God with fath and He will do the best for us.

Ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened .

love and hugs
    viji

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty,

As usual a beautiful post.

Problems are part of life. whether we look at them as problems, or whether you look at them as a path to a better solutions depends on our attitude to look at it.

Life always throws us choices, sometimes it is just either or, and other times it is multiple choice. it is us as people who make the wrong choices and face the consequences.

If everybody thought twice before taking some decisions whose consequences will be far flung and affecting others half the problems are over.

5. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty

A very good topic you have chosen this time!

I agree with what Shanti said.....problems are part of life, it depends on how you look at it, or how you want to look at it.

In my view, problems are those which has a solution. Those which do not have a solution, are not problems, but they are facts! Like often said, " My prob: my dh is like this...like that". If you consider that as a problem, you are stuck there for life!! It is a fact....your dh is like that; accept it! What you can do is, work from both sides to best compromise! NOt see it as a problem.

And like Alpa said, take life as a challenge, and do not blame others for problems!

And failures.......I have had pits and holes in my life, but never considered them as failures! I always learnt something from them.....it took me one step ahead in my growth.....so how can I call them failures?!

I believe God, has given us the reasoning power, the wisdom......thats why there are always more than one to choose. One thing, I have a different view, than what Viji aunty or Shanti said. Most of the times, it is not the right or wrong. Coz, a right to some, may be a wrong to few others.We need to prioritize in situations, and then decide. That road can hardly be wrong!! Its totally out of my experience, what I said. I did a priority check always, so then, I never regret or complain in the future..... coz I know I made the choice!

I love this t-shirt which I have. It says.........

DONT TELL GOD HOW BIG YOUR PROBLEM IS,
    TELL YOUR PROBLEM HOW BIG GOD IS!!

Thanks Viji aunty......for this lovely write up!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear iyerviji,
    nice topic.as u say everwhere there are problems. for some getting up early is a problem. i am just saying an example not to hurt anybody. for somepeople even asmall things become aproplem. in IL, there are photos of some people in one thread where they meet the chalange in all aspects.there is one saying, when you cry for a costly slipper, think of the man who does not have legs at all.if you hold the problem and look at it closely it becomes amountain. if you see it at a distance it becomes a small stone. if you throw it under your feet it disappears. if you crush it with your foot it becomes like small dust which you can take it in your hand and throw it. what do you say?
    everything depends on the way in which you take. thank you.
    with love
    pad

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi

Thank you for stepping in and I enjoyed reading your fb. We shouls know how to facethe problems. I agree to whatever you have written. If we follow according to what you have written then there will be less problems.

love
    viji

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    At all stages we will have problems, the sensibility lies how you overcome it and again not repeat the mistakes done before.
    But must appreciate you always true to life matters and make all of us think
    Jaya

9. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

dear viji,

nice thread. day to day we are facing problems.....but we have toovercome from the problem. so daily we have to do meditation in the early morning. my husband is doing daily. so he told i am facing boldly and peacefully all problems in my office daily.

ailures come to everyone. When they come our way we should not take them too hard. A failure can let us down but it cant keep us there. If we stay there it isexremely our fault. It isnot enough if we talk to God, we should talk to God about our troubles, our joys, our sorrows and our happiness...WELL SAID.

thanks for the nice thread.

raji.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anaamika

I agree to whatever you have written . well said. Failures are stepping stone to success. We should know how toface the problems then we wont have any difficulty in overcoming them.

We should learn to accept things as it is then there will be no problem.
    Enjoyed reading your views.

love
    viji