Less baby movement after 30th week?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Amicable, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Some info for you all Your baby's movements in pregnancy
    One way to monitor baby movement is through a kick chart BabyKick tells you all about it and how to do it.
    Of course you need to talk to your OB if you feel there may be a problem.

Vanathi.

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot ladies for all the assurances!!
    My doctor asked me to visit the hospital yesterday itself.I went there and after a detailed monitoring everything is normal.
    They have asked me to take lots of rest and double my fluid intake.

suji

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

That is great news Suji. Glad you and baby are doing well :) Eat well, rest, drink lots of water and take good care of yourself!

Pooja

4. Sujimallige

Thanks Pooja.Drinking double the amount of fluid is scaring me..as it is the number of bathroom visits is getting on nerves now even that will double..Big Laughbonk:rotfl

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hee hee thats true. Some of my friends had drilled it into my head about water intake so I had been religiously drinking a glass of water every waking hour and only limiting it after 7pm to minimize night time bathroom trips. One week I gave up and the next thing I knew I had a UTI :-(

So drink up the H20! It's good for baby and you ! Just limit it a few hours before bedtime.

Pooja

6. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suji and others,

Nice thread to know abt baby's movement. When did the baby start moving for you all? I'm in 18th week now and not feeling any baby movements,Is it normal?

How much liquids do you girls take a day - water and juice? I take only when i'm thristy and not much. Then, Can you girls pls. share your intake of fruits,vegs and other food items. I''m good at having veggies, but fruits i'm not having much...smtimes not a single fruit in a day...tats bad.:cry:....but i don't feel like eating....

Pls. girls, can you share your diet plans here...Waiting for all replies...Computer Typing.

Enjoy your LO's kicks:)

Thanks ,
    Pinky....

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanathi,

Thanks for the link on baby's movement.Its well said there....

Pinky...

8. Sujimallige

Dear pinky,

Baby movements i hear varies for every mother.My baby started kicking noticeably since the 18 th week.Before that if there was any movements i may have missed it as being a first time mother we dont recognize it sometimes.

Dont worry abt the intake.We are all in the same boat.One day it will be fine and the next will be tuss!!!...Just try to balance it out by the end of the week.And if there is really something wrong (like lack of iron ,hb etc) then it will show up in ur blood report and ur doctor will take class for u Harhar
    Like for me he told many times drink water,drink water but now he has doubled that quantity.I am trying hard but it is so tough to drink so much water.
    Take care and enjoy urself.

suji

9. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suji,

Thanks for your reply.Most of the time am in mood swings and feeling tired - falling asleep often,but very short.

How are all feeling now? I'm excited to know the baby's Gender, 10 more days to go for ultrasound , my count down for that day started.

Tc..

Pinky.

10. mommytobe

mommytobe New IL'ite

Hi Pinky I am in my 14th week. I barely drink water maybe 3 glasses a day and fruits i totally forget and i dont even like them..for the first three months i just ate rice curd and french fries...i somehow managed..now i have started eating home cooked veg food.

i hope i m not hurting the baby...my blood tests are normal so i never felt the pressure to be good with water or fruits..

-Shweta