1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Length of kurti tops to wear on jeans for plus size women

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by almondjoy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. almondjoy

almondjoy New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am a plus size woman. And i dont find good fitted tshirts, shirts or tops here in the US for my size. So i usually get them stitched when i visit India. I get like 5-10 of them stitched at a time since i visit only once in two years or so. So need to stock up. Anyways, getting to the point, i wanted to know how long (length) can i get my kurtis stitched. I have a big butt and hips (think Asha Parekh like hips) [​IMG] Also the side slit, how long should it be?

Any suggestion will be really helpful when i go next year.

1 person likes this.

2. springwater

springwater Silver IL'ite

Hi Almond,
    I am not pretty much sure abt the length of the kurti to be stitched. I can suggest you that while u visit India you can try kurti's from Max, lifestle, Pantaloons etc. Now readymade kurtis/chudis are pretty and perfect fit. So give a try. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. almondjoy

almondjoy New IL'ite

Thank you springwater. I do buy a few of them from Bangalore central and Lifestyle. But i also like some of my own wishes implemented so i get them stitched as well.

Thanks for your input. :)

4. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Since you are broad in the lower half it would be best if you got the kurtis stitched till the fat part of the thigh is covered. I mean at least below mid thigh area.You should be comfortable and look fine in this length.

1 person likes this.
  5. almondjoy

almondjoy New IL'ite

Hey, thanks for the offer Swathi. But my query was the length of my kurti, how long or short should it be. Like above the knee short or as long as to cover my entire butt and a little of thigh.
    I do buy ready-made from Bangalore Central or Lifestyle. But i like to have my own designs and patterns so get them stitched. Sometimes readymades are correct in my bust area but very lose at the hips and things like that. But when i get them stitched i can have it as i want it. Perfectly fitting my entire body.
    Thanks for you help though. I appreciate it. :thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  6. almondjoy

almondjoy New IL'ite

Thanks lovelyli, i think you are right.

7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Mid thigh is a good length or just above knee if you like to pair with skinnies (chudidaar/ leggings). You may want to try some shirt dresses/ long shirts (think Ann Taylor), work well on pear shape. Have you tried tunics from Coldwater creek? there tunics are usually mid thigh and loose on butt area and somewhat fitted in chest.