Legal SubGroup

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by abcdguy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

I think we should have a Legal Forum on this website. That way other attorney's like myself can reach out and try to help people having to deal with DV or Divorce issues.

I can volunteer some of my time to help work through the legal maze.

ABCDGUY

6 people like this.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

pls post the threads in right subforums...this should go into suggestions/feedback subforum.

3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

hi abcd guy,
    is there any punishment under law for "dowry related verbal abuse"? ive always wondered

4. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

Dear Riyagan,

I am a lawyer within the United States, so my knowledge of law is only limited to US Law. If you were living in the US, under US Law, I would say that you could always argue that any verbal abuse is a form of Harrasement at the very least. Moreover, if during the harrasement you felt any sort of danger of imminent harm or apprehension you could also criminal assult. Moreover, you can also claim various civil rights issues under the 14th Amendement and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In both cases, the 14th Amendment and the 1964 Civil Rights act have been extended to cover not only government entities but also private citizens.

I am not sure, but I think India has outlawed any form of Dowry. I again am not an Indian Lawyer. Any harasement to RECIEVE dowery can perhaps be charged as an 'attempt'.

Vic

5. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Abcdguy,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We have created a new forum to discuss legal issues. You can find it here: Legal Matters - IndusLadies