1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learn to say"I understand" to kids Parents Must read

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Prettina, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

In my opinion Yeah,I understand is a very important sentence in life....
    3 Idiots the only thing that made me laugh for more than 2.30 hrs after a very long period
    of time sorry years.and also made me realise a lot.A awesome family entertaining movie...
    In 3idiots they say that career should be left on the students priority.
    But the choice cannot be fully given into the hands of the teenagers because they are not aware of the consequences and parents cannot take the decision or force also.I think career for the child is a parent-child thing.Both should decide.

And all the drawbacks can be changed.When parents become friendly with kids.Domination,superiority,discouragment,underestimation,Abusing others,Badmouthing,jealous,anxiety,tension should not be shown to kids from childhood.
    When a parent is friendly,childrens have no choice other than asking them.Why do they discuss the career with friends??Because they will understand emotionally as well as educational wise but parents are alwayseither dominating or forcing child to take parents decision and not understanding the child's feelings.. So if a parent is friendly how will he/she go to others for advice.

Try saying the sentence "Yeah I understand" to all.Anyone and everyone will feel happy atleast one person is there to understand..

Mumbai Mirror,A English newspaper daily featuring local news from Mumbai and other features like entertainment & city happenings.I have been allergic to the newspaper,everyday you open it,always a suicide news is seen that too young students in and around mumbai.

In this three months (dec,jan & feb) there are more than 30 cases of suicide in mumbai..Reason mainly is STUDIES....So the government is also trying to change the pattern of passing and all..Thank God atleast now their minds work.

1st pressure family uska beta pilot ka course kiya,eska beta engineering kiya kudh ke beta ko tenth mein pass to karne dho na.:rotflParents always keep nagging behind the kids.Paapa say what tension do you have other than studies?Now kid(thinks in mind) I have thousands of tensions what do you knowI have applied for meenu,reenu,leenu khon accept karega ?? khon reject karega?yeah sochkey neendh bhi nahi aathi hai..Aapko kya tension hai bhagwan jaane mummy kaise patti aapko...Tum tho sukh se so rahey ho.....aab thum chaho tho meenu,reenu,leenu ke mummy bhi nahi pattege:)
    Woh bhagwan kabhi apna aank kholega mere liyey.......:biglaugh

I think the whole education system has to be changed in india,atleast in Mumbai.The pressure is more on the childrens.2nd pressure is classes yes tution classes.Classes is where parents have to invest like LIC premium for a year and then squeeze their childrens to run to classes after school. This is one of the wealthiest income of many Mumbaikars.

3rd pressure is school Push push and push the students to get good marks or atleast pass mark to print in the school magazine "Our school is getting cent percent result for the past so and so years" which enhances the fees of the students who are admitted in the school the coming years:rant.Tution Classes should be banned.So that school teachers can concentrate and coach the students more...Teachers are more lenient on students on studies ground because they think anyhow students will go to classes so whats the point in struggling for them at school.

The future is in the hands of the teenagers.We should not leave them deceased.Encourage and be friendly will kids especially teenagers.Understand them at least utter the sentence "I understand" because kids always think that parents never understand them.Exams are near..Studies is not life just a part of life..They should hardwork and study and try their level best.talk to all your near and dear ones who are writting exams to not worry and just try their level best.God will take care of rest.Learn to say "Yeah,I understand" if you need your loved ones..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prettina

A good one and thought provoking also. You areright if parents act like friends to their children and talk to them nicely they will share everything with them. Some children are talented and some are not. So in whatever they are talented and what they wish to do, we must encourage them in that. If a child wants to do engineering and we tell him to do CA it will be difficult for him to do CA.

I will come back Prettina as someone has come

love
    viji

3. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Yes vijima your cent percent right..I agree with you..

i am happy & thankful to see your first FB...

I am sure you would be a freindly mom:thumbsup

4. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Yeah, I understand Prettina. Annual Examinations are fast approching.. and this is the right time to remind the parent...... to understand their kids. To encourage and give them hands in times of need. Now its really a stressing times for them.
    They are in a position to decide what subject they need to concentrate on , for reaching their goal.

All Is well :thumbsup. Happy Learning ! -- This is for all the kids.

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Preetina,
    A thought provoking post. As you say
    , just like with any relationship, building a positive relationship between parent and child is one that requires work and effort to make it strong and successful. Parenting is a tough job, and maintaining close relationships and open communications helps to ensure parents and their children stay connected through all ages of their upbringing.Your children need to know that you believe they are a priority in your life. Children can observe excessive stress and notice when they feel you are not paying them attention. Sometimes, part of being a parent is not worrying about the small stuff and enjoying your children. They grow up so fast, and every day is special. Take advantage of your precious time together while you have it!What is important is that parents make the effort to effectively communicate with their children starting when their children are very young. The result will be a much closer, positive relationship between parents and their children.
    with love
    pad

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

hahhaha susri You are the one who applied "yeah I understand" on my reply..Thank You...
    Yes very true....Childrens are stressed at this point of time parents should cope up and not stress them more...

7. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Dear Padmini Aunty,

You have included a thoughtful bit of advice to all...

Thanks a lot.

8. K.Hemamalini

K.Hemamalini New IL'ite

The biggest investment in life is the time we spend with our children.
    Any problem can be sorted out if there is mutual understanding between the parents and the children.
    K.Hemamalini

9. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

nice write up Prettina...
    I think its most important for parents to understand what their kids think

10. Nalins

Nalins New IL'ite

Very True & nice indeed
    its very important that parents understand their children, even what they are not able to explain......
    parents can give their children two GIFTS in LIFE : ROOTS & WINGS!!