1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy Summer Days!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I think for now, let's go to the mountain instead of asking for the mountain to come to us :)

kkrish likes this.
  2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Such a lovely article !
    But from your description , it looks like you live in a blessed place where Summer is a glorious season .
    And there are people like us who dread the word Summer !
    Enjoy !

Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs.Susila @SCSusila.

I think the big thing is the break from school for kids. After long months of winter with snow, Spring and summer are so refreshing and then fall with all colors in their glory. I have to confess, each season is spectacular :) Thank you for your feedback!

SCSusila likes this.
  4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

Trust you to write a snippet :) nature, ways of life and all. As always it was a refreshing read. I love the pic you have here, I can only fathom at the thought you had while choosing this one.

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu,

Thank you for the response. Coming back to my nest helped me pen that :) and thank you for noticing my profile pic....you are right!!!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

You are the only one who can make everyone see a movie by just writing the script. I read your writings with same expression I have when I used to read the books written by famous authors both in English and Tamil. Apparently my reading taste changed after 50 to focus on spirituality.

Summer here in Florida is very close to what Cheeniya Sir described with an exception that we face equal amount of rainy days. Because of the rain, the lush green lawn looks great in the summer. It is time to take our chairs out and sit under the big trees in the evening. We have planted all the saplings in the pot in places decided by us earlier. The rainbow eucalyptus planted in front of the house. Hopefully, someday it would turn out to be what I see in the smartphone with real rainbow colored trunk and become neighbor's envy. The Mango and Bilva were planted at the Southwest corner of the house and Neem tree was planted in the Northwest corner at the back yard. The yield from Gauva (both pink and regular) is excellent this year and especially pink Gauvas taste really good. Lemon is still small but has already produced approximately 25-30 lemons so far. The next step is to decorate the front of the house with Mosquito repellent plants.

Viswa

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

I am not sure why I am surprised to hear from you - I think i had assumed that this has already become an old thread and was not expecting any more responses. So it indeed is a pleasant surprise. I don't know about the famous writers but I sure am very glad to have a platform to be able write and express when I feel the urge. Getting these lovely feedback is a bonus. After a quick trip to India, when I got back home the silence around me allowed me to experience the summer and I am always grateful to see with new eyes!

Reading the explanation of your trees in your yard, now I wish I had come visited you this past November when I was in Disney! I was wowed with the rainbow eucalyptus in Costa Rica. I have no doubt it will be your neighbor's envy :) Now sir, in all seriousness you should never have mentioned about the guava trees - you will have a visitor just for that. I absolutely love that fruit and had many in our yard in my growing up years. Do share some pictures of your yard if you get a chance and thank you as always for your response. I appreciate your words.

Viswamitra likes this.