1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lazy Summer Days!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@HariLakhera,

Thank you for your feedback. You are right even though it appears like we are lazing around, there is always activity :) Just that we have more time to observe everything including the activity in summers.

HariLakhera likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

Always a pleasure to hear from you! You have that right about Londoners!
    Bangalore wasn't thankfully that bad and I kind of enjoyed the monsooney weather, overcast skies, a drizzle now and then - I made kids relive what it was like growing up for us, of course joined by a "But when I was your age, the weather". Sweet kids that they are, they completely indulged me. I love the monsoon times in Bangalore, the cuckoo birds, the festival time almost there...fun!

Thank you for your feedback. We already see the sun setting a little earlier, but hey who's complaining? August is good with Indian festivals, schools starting, pools still open...:)

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@girvani

Dear Vani,

Always such a pleasure to hear from you. So happy you took a much deserved break. I am glad you enjoyed without wondering what to catch up with. Dare I say, "Welcome to my world".

My DH often wonders as to how I can pull that off. But I made like that I think :) I couldn't have survived any other type of work other than what I am doing now. Recently when I was frustrated with something, a friend reminded me that I haven't had my quiet me time for sometime and all I need is that more than friends, or results or things working out. She was not wrong at all.

Thank you as always for your very very sweet words. Waking up to feed backs from all of you brings in a different sense of joy. Thank you!

I do wish you many more happy vacations. Enoy!

girvani likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh my!! Sir, That songs makes you want to dance in the morning sun. What a lively beat. Thanks to you, I do sometimes listen to Nat King Cole and you do come to mind :) Like I mentioned to Syamala, I quite enjoyed the Bangalore weather this past trip. I did hear quite a bit about Chennai's weather. Somebody I met even mentioned that they are from Chennai but would now never think of going back from B;lore just after two years of stay because of the wonderful weather there! I wish I could tell you that you will find relief but you assure me that there are only types for you there. So it has to be this You know sir, it works. Really! In peak winter when we have folks visiting from warmer places and we end up getting a warmer day, we do thank them with a "Hey! you brought your weather with you!". May be God does put people in places they deserve but being who he is, he also puts friends in places who can bring things. What say?

Thank you for your feedback as always but the special three dears made me smile. Now, go enjoy your Nat King Cole in your A/C room and ramble away.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Dear Kamala, You must come visit me. I would so love that. You know how much I have thought of you because of the solar eclipse that is coming up. I have a friend close to you and I have been harassing DH to take me there for the eclipse, mentioning I will get to see you too! He might concede and take me to a place in the path! Kentucky is after all a stone's throw away. I am sure you are very excited and getting ready for the big day.

Now Kamala, you need to be careful about what you wish for - while I could take you with me on my lazy summer days, I would not be that confident about my cooking. No one is really! Ask Chithra aunty @Chitvish ;-) On the other hand, I will accept that I am an expert at weed pulling! Weed pulling has been my secret weapon for so long that I sometimes feel helpless in winters. I can assure you that the results are way too satisfying :)

It is always so so nice to hear from you. I do start my days with our Carnatic music and some days just make you want to dance or cry in joy! I am grateful to experience those moments and it makes it more wonderful when others get it ...with you! Thank you!

kkrish likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You paint with words Sabitha. I can visualize an entire art gallery filled with paintings depicting summer. Sigh. Wish summer was as pleasant here.

satchitananda and Srama like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Balajee :) Thank you! and thank you!

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha, I agree with Cheeniya sir. Could you please bring us just a teeny weeny little bit of the beauty around you and scatter it around us when you next come. I am sure it would last us till your next visit. :-D

Srama likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Satchi! Till I come visiting next time, here are some pictures :)

20170731_073059.jpg 20170731_090330.jpg 20170801_112326.jpg 20170801_112350.jpg

kaniths, kkrish, girvani and 3 others like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Why does IL not have a super love option in addition to like?

Srama likes this.