latest news.that could be vital while property buying......

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: latest news.that could be vital....

I remember writing once in one of the post that a broker however says that he is looking at your best interest and convinces you that it is the best thing for you, please take it with a pinch of salt, as he is only looking at his commission and nothing else.

There are still good land around south chennai..you only need to look into it more closely, and carefully instead of going in for closing a deal as you are in a hurry.

all the best bhuvana

2. leaseinfo

leaseinfo New IL'ite

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes leaseinfo,

the ruling has been given on this 256 flats but the silver lining maybe the owners will not be bearing the brunt of it. I think this is Jains Kences retreat??.

more on this from the net..
    A huge residential complex of 256 apartments on Reddy Street, Virugambakkam, has been deemed an "unauthorised construction" by the Madras high court after the Chennai corporation refused to grant a permit saying it was built on government land.

Although the builder had approval from the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA), the apex planning agency, the corporation told the court that the land was classified as "gramanatham" or common village land and could not be used for private construction.

The property had been developed by K Narasa Reddy of Kences Constructions Private Limited through a power of attorney dated December 14, 2000, executed by South India Corporation Agencies Limited. Reddy obtained a planning permit from CMDA for the construction of a four-storey building, spread over nine blocks, in 2006.

In 2007, the corporation commissioner wrote to the collector, saying the land included a part of community or village land that belonged to the government. The civic body rejected the grant of building permit on these grounds.
    T
    he corporation told the court that the patta (property title) was erroneously issued and that they had written to the collector for cancellation.

Passing orders on Monday, a division bench, comprising justices Elipe Dharma Rao and M Venugopal, said a status report by the corporation's assistant executive engineer said the entire construction of 256 dwelling units on the land had been carried out without obtaining a building permit from the corporation. "The pathetic situation prevailing in this part of the globe,as we observed,is that, ignoring the fact that 'gramanatham' land is common village land, greedy persons like the writ petitioner in this case are indulging in activities, which are purely commercial in nature," the order said.

Directing the state government and its revenue officials to protect village land from being misused, particularly for commercial purposes, the division bench allowed the writ petition. However, there may be a silver lining for the occupants of the 256 flats as corporation officials said they would not do anything to disturb them. "But we will follow due process of law against the builder for constructing an illegal building," said a senior official.

-----------------
    This goes to show, you need to be soo vigilant :bonk:bonk and it also highlights the communication gap between the civic bodies..hope this also makes other builders more cautious and careful and also those civic bodies that give the patta, planning permits on behalf of cmda.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

With the new government, looks like steps are being taken to preserve pallikkaranai marsh, vedathangal sanctuary.

also with the lot of land grabbing cases that are coming up, i would tread with caution...

do your diligent enquiry, and use your discretionary powers while looking at projects in the areas.

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I actually was thinking of writing about being vary of these big players like unitech and dlf, owing to the substantial sting that is banned on you tube in india, though i have seen the video that links one of the prominent relative of the royal (?) family of india, ofcouse I am sure anybody following the corruption news will have landed on the name.. and this name has been underground topic from last year..though now with the awareness and anna hazare movement lot of talks are going on..just google for the same and you will land up with the name of the person.

and now this news.
    Business Line : Companies News : DLF fined Rs 630 cr by competition watchdog

Though power is in the hands of the buyer thanks to the Competition watchdog, i still have my own doubts..our people are so used to working around an issue or finding loops..

1 person likes this.
  6. wiprogal

wiprogal New IL'ite

Hi ppl,

I just came across an ad last week saying about a property fair of more than 200 builders in chennai in some marriage hall or somewhere during the coming weekend.If you have any idea about that property exhibition that is gonna happen. Do keep me posted. Thanks in advance.

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,
    Thanks for bringing this to our notice in fact I too have observed many builders agreement are same but didnot know there was one such watchdog whom we can approach.....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vjb,

Whatever precautions we have, people are well aware of the repercussion they still go and plush in their hard earned money.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AFTer the local body elections, there is a proposal of revising the existing guideline values. which means a increase in stamp paper, with already proposed increase in registration charges, service tax, higher bank loan rates.please try to negotiate more.

anybody already having a property in mind, better go ahead, as october/november would make it more costlier to register.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

So here comes the news of a glimpse at the new proposed guideline values..

The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : Steep increase planned

What does this mean..a seller, has to register the property at the said guideline value and not less..the markup after this is not the govt. headache. does this mean the rates get streamlined, and chennai real estate will get a stablility, some people feel with the forcing the hands of buyers and sellers to use white money we are making it more transparent.

my take on this..if this guideline values or a slight modification of the same come into vogue in november, it means that the registration charges also increase which are directly influenced by guideline value..and many builders will take the easy way out to make the buyer shell out more..or there would be too many people in a urgency to register before the revised rates.. I clearly remember 2006 december, a builder was hurrying me to come down to chennai before jan14th and finish the registration or i will end up paying more..though it was true then, where the said property guideline of 90 went to 600..

the exploded values for thiruporur/guduvanchery, means that the places that were sought after by the middle class people which were in the range of 450-1000 depending will be in the range of 4000..

whether this reflects as a rise in re prices or fall in demand is yet to be seen..