LakshmiNarasimhar temple???

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by geevee68, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the very good informative posts about Lord Lakshmi Narasimhar.

As this year, we have to worship Lakshminarasimhar (details given by our Gowthamanappu- Chitraji), this useful posts will be very useful for one and all, I feel.

2. Muthuraji

Dear Victory,

Can you please give the details about the Lakshmi Narasimhar temple which is in Velachery, as I stay nearby to Velachery and I can visit there.

3. Muthuraji

Divineblessings (as name not known, I am mentioning like this)

Can you please post the Swathi Nakshatra dates of this year, as I would like to visit Lakshmi Narasimhar temple on those days from this year.

4. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi,
    there is a special sannadi for yoga narasimhar in parthasarathy temple, triplicane in the heart of the city.

5. Divineblessings

Divineblessings New IL'ite

Hello Ms.Raji
    From 1pm on May 25th afternoon Tuesday till May 26th noon Wednesday is Swathi nakshatra day.

I'll do some research and post the future dates in a while.

Regards

6. Muthuraji

Dear Divineblessings

Can you please guide me what to be done for HIM on that day, like any pooja, neivedyam, slokas, etc.

7. Divineblessings

Hello geevee and vidya,
    Hope you've got an opportunity to get a dharshan of Lord Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar by this time.

Hello Muthuraji,
    What we offered was "Thulasi Maalai" and "Ghee dheepam". In Singrigudi temple, there is a temple tank with fish. You may offer some "pori" for these fish. You can view this temple on "google earth" beautifully.

Let me narrate my personal story. I've two daughters. Elder one is in her teens now and she isn't interested in spirituality as this is the norm at these years of life. So, myself, my wife and younger daughter have done this "yaatraa" four times. Only on the fifth yaatraa, my elder daughter could make it. We didn't do any pooja or anything special. Beleive me! After this visit, she scored school first in her next term exams (until then she was languishing in the fifth to eight ranks )

So, just the mere presence is often good enough. All we can offer is our sincere prayers, and deepam and thulasi maalai. The Lord is not demanding any expensive rituals.

Also for the Lord, I've seen others offering "Kalkandu" and "Paanagam" (a jaggery, ginger mix drink tasting sweet and spicy) and then distributing it to the otheres. This also seems nice.

Only in Singa Perumal Koil, the ready made Paanagam is available in one litre pet bottles in the temple shop. The shop keeper offers two silver tumblers as well which we can use to give it to other devotees and must return without fail.
    Kalkandu is the easiest; we ourselves can buy and carry with us.
    Thulasi maalai and ghee deepam are available outside the temple.

Ohm Namo Naaraayanaaya!

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  8. Divineblessings

Hello Ms. Raji,
    May 26th happened to be Lord Shri Lakshmi Narasimhar Jayanthi. Have anyone of you got a chance to get his dharshan?

Ohm Namo Naaraayanaaya:

9. Muthuraji

I am sorry. I could not get his darshan, since I went late to home from office.

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Divineblessings,

I had been to Pondicherry last month but due to lack of time was not able to make to these temples. I wish I visit those soon, but Narasimha's blessings.Thanks for throwing so much light.