1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kumon Vs BestBrains Vs Abacus

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by vidukarth, Apr 8, 2014.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Currently my 5 year old is going to kumon for reading, am planning to enroll her in math as well, but am hearing different opinions about all 3 and saw some reviews in IL as well.

Could you also share some thoughts on which is best, and it would be better to hear from parents whose kids are going to one of these currently?

I heard abacus would be better to put from the second grade, is that true? and also someone said that it has only upto division and no fractions are included.

2. SrividyaY

SrividyaY New IL'ite

Hi Vidukarth,

I am sharing my thoughts on abacus since I have joined my son to abacus which is also a combination of Vedic mathematics in his school. My son is 5.5 years old and studies in Montessori environment, Bangalore. He is in final year now and has started his abacus classes but has to be continued for few more years. And yes fractions are also covered in abacus and the device is used initially but will be weaned eventually after continuous practice. I am impressed with the results of senior kids who have learnt abacus from my son's school and sending him too :).
    Hope this helps you to decide, All the Best!

Regards,
    SrividyaY

3. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Till now i have heard that Vedic mathematics is better than Abacus.
    Please let me know which one is better.

Regards,

Ashwini