1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos To Isro

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Feb 15, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Today ISRO launched 104 satillites in the space which is world record. There were commercial satillites of foreign countries as well as Indian. It has a special significance for our family as my niece worked in ISRO designated as deputy secretary. When she was working she witnessed launching of satillites from Sriharikota many times. Now she is no more. She passed away in the evening of first February after attending her younger sister's son's wedding in the morning.

Perhaps old members of IL might have read my snippet written in the year 2008. I am giving the link below:
    Story of a killer nine yard sari!

She was the eldest daughter of my sister and took over as mother to her four siblings when the tragedy occurred though she was only 11 years old at that time. She had crossed many a hurdles in her life, but faced them all gallantly. She was brave, methodical, confident, systematic, simple and ever smiling.
    We attended the marriage on 1st February at Bangalore and returned to Chennai by evening 5 p.m. as our son was to leave to US the next day. He had come from US to attend the marriage only for four days. As soon as we entered our home the first call we received was the news of her demise. We were shell shocked to hear the news. She was helping her sister through out the morning in distributing the return gifts to the guests and came to the entrance to see us off. My son told her that he would be coming in July again during childrens' holidays and he would meet her again.

She was a diabetic and was taking insulin injection 4 times a day and had undergone gal bladder and hernia surgery. She also had multiple blockages in arteries and the doctors told her that it was impossible to conduct bypass surgery and should be on medication only. In spite of all her ailments she tried to help her siblings when needed and was a moral support to them.

During her childhood she stayed with us till her 5th standard in school as my b-i-l was in transferable job. Hence we were all more attached to her and it was really a great shock to me, my sister and brother. When a person younger to us in the family passes away it affects us more.

Shanvy and kkrish like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa ma'am
    You were the first person I thought of when I read ISRO's accomplishment.
    I remember you mentioning your niece in one of my earlier snippets.
    Sorry to hear about her demise. I am sure she is smiling from above, very proud.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear KK,
    As we were always used to see her smiling face it could never be erased from our memory. When Dr Kasthurirangan was ISRO's chairman she was very much appreciated by him for her integrity, sincere and hard work.

PS

kkrish and Shanvy like this.
  4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Really sad.Wish she was still around to see such proud moments.May her soul rest in peace.Our heart felt condolences.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear kanaka,
    Thank you for your condolence message. Definitely She would have felt happy and proud to see the great feat of ISRO.
    PS