Kichidi Pattie

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by gtpoo, Jun 18, 2011.

1. gtpoo

gtpoo New IL'ite

This kind of pattie is made with leftover kichidi, flours, onion and spices. Never thought it will be so tasty, until i made one. Very simple and easy evening snack for kids and everyone.

Ingredients:

leftover kichidi – 2 cups
    onion – 1/4 chopped
    salt – 1/2 tsp
    curd – 2 tbspn
    oil – 1 tbspn
    chillie garlic sauce or hot sauce – 1 tsp(u can use chopped 2-3 green chillies instead of this sauce)
    rice flour – 4 tbspn
    sooji – 1 tbspn
    besan – 1 .5 tbspn
    cilantro – handful

Method:

Mix the leftover kichidi with rice flour, besan, sooji, chillie-garlic sauce, salt, onions, curd, cilantro, oil and make a round pattie. You don’t have to add any water. After mixing with above ingredients, it forms a smooth and slightly sticky mixture. Just take a handful and press and make a pattie. If u want you can wet your fingers with water and try.

Heat the tawa with oil all around it and place these patties and sprinkle generous amount of oil on it. Let it cook for 3 mins and flip it over and add some oil and cook it for 2 mins. Remove the pattie when u see a nice golden brown color outside.

Transfer onto a serving plate and enjoy it hot with any of your favorite pickle or ketchup. If u don’t have any mentioned flours in handy, u can even try with wheat flour or maida or any of the one flour mentioned above. If u do it with maida or all purpose flour u need to dust it with dry flour before placing them on tawa, because it has a very sticky tendency.

Similarly, u can try with leftover rice, but you have to add grated ginger and garlic to it with above ingredients. Enjoy!!!

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai IL,

Usually leftover eatables should be consumed and should not be wasted that is my policy always.
    I will surely try this . A nice evening snack.

3. gtpoo

gtpoo New IL'ite

U can even try with biryani or rice too!