Kanchipuram or T nagar???

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by DancingDolphin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am planning to go to Chennai this week for my & my sis wedding shopping. However, after reading so much about Kanchipuram, i am confused ... is is worth to go for shopping in Kancipuram for 10-15 sarees?

Since I am a northie and do not know much about chennai stores either except the info i have gathered from IL posts. So my chennai shopping venture would be as good as kancipuram shopping venture... however i am concerned... would it be worth to go to kanchi monetary wise or we carry on with our plans to shop in T nagar.

please suggest

Regards,
    Maneka

2. nandhumano

nandhumano Senior IL'ite

my suggestion is u can go to kanchipuram and u can shop in kalaignar societty or in anna society an d in societies we can find the correct rate and they wont cheat u and tthe quality wii also very good

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Unless you know specific shops in Kanchipuram, you will be easily decieved. As you are not aware of these places, so better to go Chennai Silks,jayachandran textiles,pothys, as they have fixed prices.

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

I second Priya Mommy... One of my friend was cheated by the sellers in Kanchipuram... The rate was very high and we felt that the quality was also not the usual one that we get.... It is better to shop in big shops in chennai and be relaxed as the price is fixed here....

5. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Thanks Ladies :D

I am sure i would shop in T nagar shops... and would visit Egmore to Murgan Society.

No more hassles required!! :D

6. NiranjaniRaj

NiranjaniRaj New IL'ite