June 2017 Due Date Mommies..welcome

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by felonopsis, Oct 10, 2016.

1. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations @Mario123 , @Sansa , @Ammu2886 , @divyarnair .

I guess I can stay here even though I officialy belong to May club.

Initial few weeks are tough. Then you will get used to it. I am still struggling with sore nipples, baby Weight gain very slow, low on breastmilk, supplementing with formula. These issues keeping me all occupied. Spending whatever time available in googling options to tackle these issues.

Mario123 and Sansa like this.
  2. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mario. Did you give any medication for that? Or did he poop on his own after 3 days

Ammu2886 likes this.
  3. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

Dr asked not to give any medication. N its normal. Only if he is crying a lot, he gave medicinenfor colic. Baby did on his own. Now also its not regular. Once in 2-3 days only.

Ammu2886 and Sansa like this.
  4. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

U r always welcome in the group.
    Yes, initial weeks are tough. As days r passing, im getting more n more confident that i can manage.1st week , i was just crying at the thought of how wil i manage him later after going to in laes house, without my mother or sisters help. I guess that is wat baby blues or postnatal depression. But happy that i m getting out of it.

Ammu2886 and amicably like this.
  5. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

She pooped finally today.

Ammu2886, amicably and Mario123 like this.
  6. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Good to read that I am not only one facing these issues . Today was day 15 for my baby he has gone down from 3.7 to 3.42 kg weight . Had high bilirubin 23.5 and was admitted again to hospital nicu for 48 hours and total for 5 days .they suspected urinary infection and had IV antibiotics for 5 days. It was stressful 2 weeks . He likes feeding on my milk but it is not enough for his birth weight . Plus I cried all the time and had emotional issues and problems with my parents who are trying their best to help me . I feel that they are not doing enough. I also had a maid to help me but I shouted at her when I felt she was not handling baby well and she left . I thought I was having mental breakdown. I am trying to feed my baby whenever possible now . He keeps sleeping it's difficult to wake him up . Please share some tips to wake up babies .

Ammu2886 likes this.
  7. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi Divya

Dont worry we all are going through th same phase..
    Keep feeding the baby and what my doctor has said is when the milk intake is more the baby passes more stool and urine and biliribin count gets reduced.Try tickling your babys feet,ears when the baby is sleeping,try wiping the face with wet cloth..try feeding the baby evry 2 to 3 grs..For milk have uluva kanji-methi seeds,Jeera..Fry garlic in ghee and have with rice..Have a cup of oats as soon as you wake up and an apple.

Mario123 likes this.
  8. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

How are you all holding up and how is your little munchkins? I'm doing good and breastfeeding exclusively and supplementing with expressed milK. Last week was hard as the reflux was really bad and she started throwing up once we put her down. Now we are holding her up for 15-20 mins and she doesn't spit up/ throw anymore. Baby Weight gain was really slow initial weeks but gaining steadily right now. Doctor suggested to use formula if needed but sticking with expressed breastmilk as supplement. Hope you guys are doing fine

Ammu2886 and Mario123 like this.
  9. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

Gr8 going , sansa :beer-toast1:
    Me n baby are doing ok.. daily facing new thing. Rather understanding him. N routine keeps changing. He is having constipation since few days. So he keeps crying n keeps asking for feed wen he actually doesnt need. Also throwing up lots even after burping for 20 minutes.

Ammu2886 likes this.
  10. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

Hello girls, how r u?
    Im going to try modern indian cloth diaper. Is anybody using it?
    I have started a thread about it. But no response yet.
    It looks like good option to disposables.