July 2017 Due Date

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Dimple143, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Dimple143

Dimple143 Senior IL'ite

Hi daffodil13
    Yes this is my first pregnancy so I am unable to differentiate baby movements and I am really excited to feel it.. I have called my gym about checking about this lower abdomen pain .. they say it's common during pregnancy though our stomach is stretching to accommodate space for baby .. so some women may feel this pain .. so nothing to worry until we see any blood .. pain is coming once in a while not often.. so I am just relaxed but have to check during my next visit . Hope everything is good inside... when can we get baby bump actually I got little now

2. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Congrats everyone!!!

I am on 14th week....During last week Gyn visit(In USA),Dr told regarding one of the tests -MSAFD & c told its optional...Can u plz suggest me how important this test is? & Moreover insurance will not cover this test as it is not medically necessary....TIA

3. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

@Litika,
    I believe you are reffering to MSAFP test ,it is blood test for mother to check for any chromosomal abnormalties in the fetus.It is optional.If your age is above 35,probably it is good idea to take this test.In some (rare)cases it does give false positives and causes unnecessary worries.

4. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Thanks @divyarnair .....u jst helped me @ rit time....m 25 hope I can skip dis test

5. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone

How are you all doing?

Am at 19 weeks and as per the scan, my placenta has moved a little bit. So glad :) but still am asked to be on bed rest for another month till it moves completely.
    Doc has scheduled the next scan on march 21.
    Am craving for sweets a lot these days. Though i try to control.

Doc has stopped progesterone tabs for me. Though am scared to stop it, scared about another bleeding episode. Hope i would be fine

Take care everyone !!

6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope every one are doing good...Its been sometime, I couldn't connect to IL. Update from my end..Currently in 21 weeks. Not going smoothly, had to go through some complications last week.

During my 20th week, suddenly i experienced sharp pain in my vaginal area and rushed to hospital. They checked and found that my Cervix is shortened a lot to 2.2 cms and funneling so i was immediately admitted to hospital. I underwent Cervical Cerclage and was put on bed rest till now. Going forward, I need to be on modified bed rest till my delivery....i.e minimum of another 16 weeks:sob::BangHead::smash2:. I am going crazy with this bed rest...I am just wishing/hoping that all these weeks pass on soon and I delivery full term healthy baby...

But I am so worried , whether i could make another 16 weeks with short cervix, even though with stitch..I am just counting days now...:weary:. With surgery and stress, I lost 3 kgs weight and back to pre-pregnancy weight now..I am afraid if baby is growing well inside. Not able to digest food due to bed rest , i think and i am facing either motions or vomiting from day of surgery, so not able to take any healthy food as such...Just going on on.......

7. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Daffodil13

Your past few weeks do sound scary. Did you stress yourself that the cervix got shortened? Any climbing stairs or weightlifting?

My both aunts underwent cervical cerclage and carried babies to full term. Yes they were on bed rest completely. Their babies are healthy now. So dont worry a lot. Be brave and focus on your appetite. Did you check with your doc about the motions and vomiting?
    Try not to stress. I know how bed rest is as am already in one.
    Sleep on your sides and sleep straight. So that baby gets a lot of space inside and uterus has place to expand itself.
    Take care and keep us posted :)

Daffodil13 likes this.
  8. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

hi daffodil, I also had circlage done on 14th week , take rest and do not worry . Everything will be fine . Only few more weeks to go

9. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Meenu,

Yeah dear. Seriously I was under so stress for last 2 weeks. I had contractions started and also paining in addition to cervix funneling so was under observation for one full day before they put a stitch...now I am recovering but with on & off pains. Just praying god everyday to pass smoothly till 36 weeks...

No i didnt walk or stressed myself more. Infact i was at home itself with min household work.. Yeah, i did check with my doc. She said motions could be due to high dosage anti-biotics which they have given after procedure. Its fine now. I am mostly taking bland food.Is it complete bed rest to you? or you can walk a little? so tough to be on bed. how are u passing time on bed? any ideas...

thanks & you too take rest

10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi divyarnair,

Was your cerclage a preventive measure? or Doc noticed any short cervix to keep stitch at 14th week?
    And are you also on complete bed rest till then or modified bed rest. Currently I am just walking few steps to hall for meals and sit for 10 -15 mins after which i will be back to bed. Only visits to washroom. Feeling so miserable but its worth to keep baby safe in, so no other option..:)

@ All ILiets, Recently , as it is needed complete bed rest till my delivery which is another 4 months we got water bed. I heard water bed is good to avoid back pain , bed sores etc...Hope thats fine and safe to use during pregnancy..Any idea on this? Can i use it for prolonged time? or have you heard about any remarks on it?