July 2014 due date club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by anjali06, Nov 18, 2013.

1. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

@Redruby: Hats off to u for dealing with a colic baby all alone...that too after a difficult pregnancy and c sec! I hooe u r taking good care of ur health too. Cant imagine how you dealt with ur lil one crying for so long! I get so scared when she cries for sleep sometimes.
    I asked my mom about colic. she said no baby in our family has been colic as they have been giving Whats called traditional jadi buti..in tamil its called Orai Marundu. I sont know how far it is true, but after her full oil massage n bath, mom mixes these herbs n stuff in bf and gives it to baby. Have been giving it since she turned 21 days.
    I have also observed that if I go to my inlaws and not giv her these for a week, her motions become haphazard and she gets gas. Mom gives these alternate days and thankfully she doesnt have gas and passes motion smoothly.
    Reg growth spurts, mine had them too at 3weeeks, 6weeks, 8weeks. she would literally keep drinkig every one hour..wud be exhausting esp evenings. but ur baby will start growing at steady pace soon aftr she reaches 8-10 weeks.
    Really grt that she sleeps fr 3 hours at a stretch...u can at least get sme much needed rest.
    Try to get massage for urself at least once or twice a week. Take care of ur posture esp back n shoulders. Hope u r not hvng pelvic pain anymore dear..

2 people like this.
  2. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Food:
    I feed her every 2 hrs once from morning 5.30 (sometimes she wakes up at 4.30). Changed the feeding pattern every 2 hrs once from 3 hrs once as she didn't gain enough weight.
    She has to weigh 5.25 kg but she weighed only 5 kg. Her last feed on a day would be 9.30 or 10 pm.
    She latches on for 5 to 10 minutes. If she doesnt need, she won't latch on.
    Not giving anything except breast milk.
    Gave her gripe water in the first month when she cried continuously. But not giving her now.
    Not giving her any other home medicines. Not even water.

Sleep Pattern:
    After every feed, she plays for 30 minutes to 1 hr and goes to sleep. Before making her to sleep, will feed her for 3 to 5 minutes.
    During night she sleeps from 10 pm to 4.30 or 5. 30 am. If she feels hungry, she will wake up in between. Else she will sleep.
    Doctor said no to night feed and hence making it as a habit for her.

Activities:
    She rolls over onto her tummy since last friday. Also, She is trying to move.
    She loves her great grandfather a lot. Whenever he talks to her, she becomes energetic and laughs like anything.
    Trying to watch TV but I am strictly avoiding it.
    Sometimes tries to talk back when someone talks to her.
    Makes ooh aah sound now and then.
    Watches various colours with great interest.
    Sucks her thumb finger. While sucking she wants a cloth in other hand.
    When she sees some new face, she will stare at them :p.

Vaccination:

Have given her BCG, Pentavac - PFS ( Painful 2 doses) and Rotateq (1 dose). Yet to give her IPV and PCV. Don't want to give her in one shot considering her pain. Can I give IPV in 2 weeks interval after DTP 2nd dose and Rotavirus 1st dose?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Girls any improvement in head control ? Mine has achieved 50 percent head control.. Im not using my hand much for support now. But I jus loveee the way her head dances now. It doesn't slip on any side but jus slightly ding ding ding like Tanjore doll :rotfl

But she has not yet turned over her belly :confused2: Sucking her fingers too much. Don't know how to make her forget that habit. I tried mittens but it gets completely wet in few minutes gigglingsmiley

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Has anybody started giving anything other than BM/formula? Im still exclusively BFng my LO. Planning to do so until she turns 4 months old.

Kriya is becoming playful. Once she is in feeding position she becomes very interested and busy in watching curtains and other objects. I have to struggle to make her start sucking. In between she ll stop latching and look at my face and talks and laughs loud. She ll keep on looking at me expecting me to talk with her. Her total feeding time is never more than 10 mins now.

I'm planning to be on ML for one more month since I have no WFH option. Also I'm becoming very addicted to her. Even if I go outside for any small works I keep on thinking of her. Whenever I drive I remember her smiles and expressions and laugh to myself. I leave her to mom for sometime telling I need to take rest. But I never settle down and I keep on checking her.. Motherhood is crazy isn't it ?? :-D

3 people like this.
  5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Mine has achieved around 75 percent head control. Still shaking. Waiting for it to get its control. She has turned onto her tummy and raises her head. Trying to move when she turns, but finding it difficult in my bed.

@ Naveena: Same problem. She wants to play always and refuses to feed. Laughs loudly when someone talks to her. Sucks her thumb continuously. Guess refuses to drink milk because of that habit. Not at all gaining weight.

2 people like this.
  6. Priyamadduri

Priyamadduri Silver IL'ite

3 people like this.
  7. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Cutie even I also guess they are less interested in feeding because of sucking finger.. Don't know how to stop this habit.

Priya has Arjun turned over ?

1 person likes this.
  8. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

great reading everyone's update.

Twisha just turned 3 months today. Time is running. She has good head control now. I am not holding her neck anymore. Although she has not yet turned on her tummy. She is tturning her body but her head is not lifting, so she gets frustrated and cries in anger now. She z also sucking all her four fingers in mouth. Same as naveena, mittens all wet :)

My lil one has once again started waking up fr night feed at around 3.30am. She has one breast and falls asleep nursing it. Still only bfing and one time formula at night. Planning to introduce moong dal juice 2 tbsp around Diwali.

She has become so adorable. Smiles beautifully wen I wake her up in the morning. It's like I am her favourite person in the world and she is sobdelighted to see me. Allbmy tension goes out of window when she smiles like that...just love her to pieces.

She is looking prettier each day. She now talks and coos and laughs withbher doggy soft toy ;)

when I put her on tummy she is able to lift her chest by leaning on her elbow. Hope she turns soon. I have got her passport and visa now. Will be flying on oct 29 back to singapore. Planning to continue work frm home, with just few visits to office for breifings.

I am now looking for info on how to take baby in flight...abt her feeds n stuff...aanyone wid some info plz share...plz keep sharing ladies...

A big hi to redruby, priyamaduri, cutiepie66 & naveena and othr july mommies :)

4 people like this.
  9. Priyamadduri

@naveena yes, Arjun turn on his tummy and also lift his head sometimes. He also sucking his finger mostly when he want to sleep, we are tired of pulling his fingers out:bonk. No idea how to stop it at this stage...

janbornchild: its true that lo's smile make our day beautiful. My guy also looks handsome everyday and he is cute when he make faces. what an expression he sometimes squeeze his lips out when none is near to him. we all really love thatgigglingsmiley

Gud that you got the passport and visa wok done. All the best for your journey.

10. Priyamadduri

hi mommies,

how abt your tummy? is it reduced mine is still big I've measured it with tape its 38.5 inches doing walking and some exercise any help on that...