1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Joy Of Thinning Hair And Grayer Beard

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ojaantrik
    My dear OJ
    You have no dearth of fascinating expressions. Why do you think we are your ardent fans otherwise? Coming to Plato, I may inform you that for more than 90% of the bearded population of the world, Plato is the most worshipful facial hair grower. When two bearded guys meet in a common area, they greet each other with 'Blessed be Plato'. Like every rule having an exception, there may be bearded tramps who may not have heard of Plato as all that they know must be a plato' roast chicken!

Your story of the bearded girl is heart warming and I am proud to be associated with her. I am glad that such girls are doing their best to bust the myth that beards are only for men. If they succeed in their mission, all blade manufactures will be forced to shut shop in the course of time. They will be asked to print a statement reading 'Blades are injurious to your beard' on every pack of blades.
    Sri

ojaantrik likes this.
  2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir I like all your posts and for me your posts are the best :) My husband and I decided that we would not dye our hair. My husband says graying hair is a natural process so why dye it. It is such a relief and the feeling of freedom. I don't have to worry about white hair. I see my friends dying their hair every month and it is such a headache :) Regards, Lakshmi

noemie likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@noemie
    Only men know the joy and comfort of growing a beard. I pity those who cannot give full expression to their innermost desire. My brother is a clean shaven man. Not even a mustache he has. He wonders what pleasure I get out of growing a beard. How can I explain in words the pure joy I get out of growing a beard?

noemie likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@LakshmiKMBhat
    Dear Lakshmi
    Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.
    You are a made for each other couple! Even my wife and I do not dye our hairs and when everyone calls us 'patti' and 'thatha' (grandma and grandpa) we feel very happy! We are proud of this position that our age has earned for us. I have seen couples older than us dying their hair and they look so very unnatural!
    Sri

noemie and LakshmiKMBhat like this.
  5. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, white hair is nice after a certain age. Aged face and dark hair look bad. I really cannot understand whe people dye their hair. Regards, Lakshmi

noemie likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@LakshmiKMBhat
    They may be thinking that by dyeing their hair they can postpone their dying!

7. Cheeniya

@noemie
    I don't know about others but I have been told by many of my friends that dark hair will look horrible on my head!

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Who are they?
    Bring them to me.
    I will get my blunderbuss ready.
    PC and PK have no comparison.

PC, in her own right, is an accomplished actress. But, PK is second to none when it comes to beauty from her chiselled lineaments accentuated by her bald look. What kind of comparisons people trump up? How many bullets should I load to destroy this irreverence to our PK?

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I shall check that book. The Aldous Huxley I know mostly writes about philosophical arguments and theological doctrines. So I had never plodded through his writing much. Yesterday, I came to know that Aldous Huxley had also written a children's book called "The Crows of Pearblossom". You know that such things delight me. So I dashed off to download the children's book and read. Mind you, there is a newer version illustrated by Sophie Blackall and published in 2001. Loved the splash of colors accompanying a typical animal trope — good over evil, ingenuity over tyranny, Mr and Mrs Crow defeat Mr Rattlesnake.

Have you noticed, these serious writers at times write such funny and terse books. More here

Perhaps, there silly books are a reprieve from otherwise explosive philosophical showdown.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Hell, they say, hath no fury like a woman scorned. You were not scorned here of course but scorning a woman we hold dear to our heart can make us far more furious. Your fury reminds me of the limerick:
    There was a young man of Moose Jaw
    Who wanted to meet Bernard Shaw;
    When they questioned him 'Why?'
    He made no reply,
    But sharpened an ax and a saw.