Join my kid in cbse in lkg or 1st standar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by redphp, Feb 15, 2013.

1. redphp

redphp New IL'ite

I am planning to join my kid in LKG in a matriculation school now and after 2 years , planning to join her in CBSE. will this be a problem? Many suggest me to join my kid in CBSE from LKG, as she won't be getting seat later. is this true? Please suggest me. I live in chennai.

My second question : what ll they teach for LKG and UKG in CBSC school and a normal matriculation school?

Thanks for reading.

2. redphp

redphp New IL'ite

any response? Please let me know

3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

redphp,

Getting seat for 1st std is tough when compared to KG admission. So it is better to get an admission for LKG.

If the school is Montessori, their teachings will be activity oriented. Normally for KG kids, they are taught to write alphabets, numbers etc, telling rhymes, identifying birds, animals, fruits, vegs, human relations and answering some basic questions.

4. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

Getting a seat in LKG itself is tough :) Ist std is almost impossible. Try to put her in CBSE in LKG itself if your plan is to continue to educate her in CBSE.

Content wise, not much difference between the two during the early years. CBSE focusses more on hands on and orals, rhymes etc.

5. redphp

redphp New IL'ite

Thanks JeniFlora and oliveOyl for your suggestions. I got the application form from gateway international, neelankarai.

6. kavisur

kavisur Silver IL'ite

Hi redphp,
    You decide first itself whether u want ur child to be in matric or cbse. To my knowledge both are all most atpar in their syllabus but matric emphasis more on languages and cbse on core subjects in the higher classes say after 5th std. Getting an admission in big school for 1st std will be tough. Decide now itself and put her in a good school so that u need not pay donation again after 2 yrs.