1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Job opportunities to L2 visa holder in IT

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rutu21, Mar 12, 2009.

1. rutu21

rutu21 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new member on IL..just registered couple of days back..it is really good platform for sharing our knowledge and info. I am a L2 visa holder and also recently received an EAD. Now I am searching for a job in IT field in Chicago / Wisconsin area. Its so boring staying at home...Back home , I was working as s/w engineer for 4 yrs...and now sitting home just without job is really very frustrating..I am looking into all the job posting websites , have applied wherever my skills matches..but becoz of this recession it is really hard..and there are very very rare chances of replies from the companies. I would highly appreciate if some one share there experience regarding finding a job opportunity or there thoughts...

2. ambicath

ambicath New IL'ite

:hiyaHi rutu21,
    My condition is exactly the same as yours. I am getting a lot of calls, but no interviews yet just for the reason that I am on L2. Employers/Consultants say "If for some reason your husband loses his L1, you have to go back, so you cannot be considered". Though my hubby is working with top names, I am helpless that I cannot prove, he will stay for few more years. I feel very depressed.
    Have you found a suitable job? Please share your experiences.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ambica

3. mythranju

mythranju New IL'ite

Hi both of you,

i am also in the same situation having 3 years of exp in India. Tired of searching job. Pls let me know how u spend ur spare time.

Thanks

4. reach

reach New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Good to see this post and know im also sailing in the same boat as you all. I recently got my EAD and have uploaded on job sites. Im not sure how long the wait will be, but lets keep each other updated.
    Let me know what is your approach for interviews and dresses you wear for attending interviews.
    All the best to you all and wish we all get placed soon. :)

Take Care
    Anu

5. khushipoise

khushipoise Senior IL'ite

hi all,
    I am also sailing in the same boat , although im not into IT , im a dentist by profession, worked in Bombay for 7 years and have nothing to do here, education is far too expensive and you need a green card here in IL for that.
    Im on L2 and looking for something worthwhile to do ..atleast upgrade with education.
    any dentists from India in similar situation? Pls advise what you guys are doing?
    any short term courses you know of? any kind of jobs you can do? Your advise is really appreciated ..im sure we all feel lost here .
    pls help
    thanks ,
    khushi.

6. krithikarakesh

krithikarakesh New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am also in L2 Visa. I have applied for EAD and waiting for that. I came to Florida before 3 months. Initially i browsed terribly as i got boared a lot. I was searching if i can get any work from home jobs. After so much of research i got some work from home jobs and now am working on it and make myself busy.
    visit this site, i think u would get some ideas abt making money online.

Thanks,
    Krithika

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  7. mythranju

mythranju New IL'ite

Hi Kirthika,

Thanks for sharing the link. It will be good if you share your experience on this. I am trying to learn what exactly needs to be done

8. krithikarakesh

krithikarakesh New IL'ite

Hi,

I hope you would have gone through that link. In that u can see lot of ways to earn online. I have chosen freelancer jobs. We have to bid for the projects like u can do that particular job in this much days and u should quote for the amount u needed for the project. Once u win in the bid they will give u the work and u must complete that in the specified time. They will pay u through paypal. This is how am doing some freelancer jobs.

If you have further queries feel free to ask me. All the best.

Thanks,
    Krithika

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. sathia

sathia New IL'ite

HI friends, am l2 visa holder...i have no experience .. just completed my engineering...6 months back.. really boring @home pls anyone help me

10. bhawna12

bhawna12 New IL'ite

Re: Job opportunities to L2 visa holder

Hi All,

I am new member on IL..just registered today...it is really a good platform for sharing our knowledge and information too. I am a L2 visa holder and applied for an EAD but didnt received it from USCIS becoz of some mailing issue from their side. Now they r asking for new EAD Application wht should i don nw? I dont understand. Its so boring staying at home... I dont knw wht to do now. Should i go for another EAD?

I would highly appreciate if some one share there experience regarding the same EAD issue or Is there any other way to get the Jon for L2 visa holder.