IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

Hi its been a long time since i have posted on indusladies and i have now moved to the ivf forum (after 4 iui failures)... had my egg retrieval on wednesday.. 9 eggs were removed out of 11 follicles.. All eggs fertilized (ICSI).. doc confirmed that all 9 are grade A embryos and 8 celled.. she gave us two options - do transfer of 2 embies today and remaining for freezing 2) wait until Monday and then do the transfer after blastocyst and freeze the remaining.. i have a very hectic work schedule next week.. we decided to go for transfer today and freeze all remaining without blastocyst.. so that I also get two days rest.. Am i doing wrong here (doc does say it doesnt decrease chances)? i feel although the doc is good the hospital she refers to are also planning to get more money out of us by asking us to wait until Monday and opting for blastocyst. Moreover, I wouldnt be able to rest after Monday which is a risk.. so well me n dh both feel this is better. I would really appreciate if u guys can pour in ur thoughts here..

History - no blocked tubes, did ssg a year back, uterus is fine, had pcos which is now gone, periods are irregular (35 days cycle), dh count very good. we fall under unexplained category.. married for 5 years and ttc for 2 years, no success till now..

u ladies have been wonderful always and at this moment, i would appreciate all the support u guys can give.. thanks a ton and baby dust to all..

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

hi swati,
    by gods grace, i conceived naturally in the very next cycle of failed ivf.
    even not aware about pregnancy and seriously discussing about donor egg option ..
    accidently checked hpt at CD-50 and surprised to see bfp.
    now waiting for anomaly scan.

how things are at your end ?? have you discussed with ur doctor ??
    sticky baby dust to you dear.

4 people like this.
  3. mrithulanaren

good luck for your ET MrsBV.
    hope this will be your bfp cycle.
    please dont stress yourself physically as well as mentally after transfer.
    reg options: why dont u keep atleast one embi upto blastocyte and do the transfer in addition ? rest 6 you can freeze.

anyway go as per your intuition and dont regret later at anycost dear.

wishing you loads of sticky baby dust.

4. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

Hi mrithula,

Thanks for ur suggestion! just came back after transferring 3 grade a 8 celled embryos.. all well n keeping the faith alive..

congratulations on ur pregnancy! very happy for u

1 person likes this.
  5. indianlady17

indianlady17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi MrsBV

Can you please provide the details of your protocol?

I had 1 failed IVF in aug 2014. Taking a 6 month break and will start the next cycle in Mar 2015. The doctors have suggested long protocol with Gonal -F, Menopur. As my last cycle failed due to egg quality issues (didnt have a single fertilized surviving egg after 3 days of fertilization. all eggs arrested growth and they were only 2 or 4 cell by 3 days), they are suggesting a new med called Omnitrope (human growth hormone).
    I just wanted to know your details. Please let me know.

Thanks.

6. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

@indianlady17 - i had a short protocol after another failed iui in jan. The doctor also said since we didnt have issues with follicles or sperm, we can plan a short protocol. From my 3rd day of period, i had blood tests for e2 levels and also underwent endometrium scratching (which is normally done 7-10 days before periods and improves chances of implantation) then started with gonal f for 3 days. After gonal f was given, I was then given follutism and cetrotide (to stop ovulation) - injections taken at home by my dh; was having regular scans every 2 days; i had total 11 follicles with endometrium thickness of 11 and was given trigger on day 13 (at 10:30 pm) and was called for ER after 36 hours at 9 am. 9 eggs were retrieved; all 9 fertilized through ICSI and by day 3 all were 8 celled grade A embryos. Doc gave us an option of going for blastocyst and doing ET on day 5, we decided to do it on day 3 since i would then have sat - sun for rest. Now i am having 10 mg duphaston twice daily, progestrone gel at night and folic acid.

I am hoping for the best! When do you plan to do your next ivf or are u taking a break? does omnitrope help?

7. mrithulanaren

Good luck MrsBV.
    Be positive and keep faith.
    Try not to stress physically n mentally.
    Baby dust to you

1 person likes this.
  8. indianlady17

indianlady17 Bronze IL'ite

Good luck MrsBV. May god garbharakshambigai shower her blessings on you!!!

I am planning on starting the long protocol in the month of Mar. So 15 days of BCP and then lupron injections for 2 weeks. After that Gonal F, Menopur and Omintrope for stimulation.

they have found better results with omnitrope is what my doc said. So just going to give a try.

1 person likes this.
  9. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

All the best to you girl! believe in god and thank you for your good wishes!

10. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Wao so nice.haapy for you.
    I have left all tratmenr and accepted my fate now.going to uk fir official work for next 1 yr.