1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Itching red spot under the feet..

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by spuppala, Dec 18, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi there,

Am suffering from one strange problem.I have a red spot under the forefinger of my feet which is itching badly at night times.If i try to get rid off by scratching smoothly ,god only knows my pain.I get it all of a sudden in the mid night and am literally crying.Dh is helping me a lot by rubbing my feet with moisturiser at that time.After 10mins or so it will settle down and I get sleep.Strangely the same spot is present in the same place for two feet!

I know am neglecting considering it as a tiny problem but just want to get any info from you gals before I go to a doctor.And the problem becomes wild with this killing cold weather,,

2. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

Could it be a fungal infection, like have you been anywhere recently that you have had to take off your shoes and walk on the floor? Athlete's foot itches like this, and doesn't always spread to other areas of the foot.
    If it continues for long, go to a dermatologist or your GP-could be an infection.

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Puppala,

I came across following things. Hope it will be of help to you.

Foot Itch - Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - Better Medicine
    INTENSE ITCHING ON TOES AND UNDER FOOT in The AnswerBank: Body & Soul
    REFLEXOLOGY (check the point indicated in the diagram. sometimes it could be related to problem in some other part of the body as the nerve ending in that place is connected to that).

But instead of guess work, you better show it to a good doctor.

In the meantime, immerse your legs in warm salted water for some time or if you have a beach near by, go and get a nice natural pedicure done. Always keep your legs ventilated. Wear a chappal when you are at home. Wish you a speedy recovery.

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

HiCissboo and Mira,

thanks a lot for your responses.
    I wear chappals at home..But don't understand whats the problem.My DH says it could be due to winter and cold as I have never faced this problem before back home in India.But it comes only in the nights..

mira,thanks for your links dear..Now I suspect if not cold there should be something else in the body that have problem and passing down the itching/pain to the tip of the feet.