1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It is possible for a grown up man to NOT understand what is going on behind his back?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Re: It is possible for a grown up man to NOT understand what is going on behind his b

I get you very clearly.... But I am his wife and the one who is going to live with him.. Hence I advice him and ask him to live as per my wish. He seems fine with this. I too want to stick with this setup as it is my (our)life.

But why the hell his mother wants to come and brainwash him?

I know he is not so strong... Ok.. I can happily manage with what he is... But he cant continue to sail in two boats... Either he needs to decide whom he wants to live with or better leave my home for good. Period.

1 person likes this.
  2. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Re: It is possible for a grown up man to NOT understand what is going on behind his b

I'm just confused.. why just MEN? Why not any individual in the subject line?

3. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Reason being.... It is very common that men and that too Indian men are confused so much in terms of relationships. They simply do not know what the hell their mothers have got to do with their own lives and that too after having a very capable woman in place as their wives. It is not applicable for every Indian men, but this is the case in common.

It is very rare that a woman hides behind her mother and orders her husband to do craps... Though there are a few cases of this sort.

4. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

it is not certainly possible to lose your memory temporarily , i mean ... it is a serious medical condition to lose memory ... then comming back to normal state is close to immpossible

1 person likes this.
  5. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

I know... but I understood from Priya and other posters that it could be his weak mental strength that he doesnt want to face any tiffs or consequences after agreeing to his mistakes. He now understands that he was wrong, but doesnt want to admit it. Hence he pretends to forget things... just an escapism.. thats all..

I know the point... that he has taken my love and trust for granted... He has just used it to win his mother's long lost love and affection.. Just like spending sooooo much on their needs to win their hearts. He never thought that I will get to know this one day and start a huge fight as this... In Tamil, there is a saying.. Kenjinal minjum.. minjinal kenjum... I was so pleading, hence he was so demanding with his love... but his mom was so demanding, hence he started pleasing her... Now I became strong and hope he will at least behave normal... Let's forget the past... just take it as a great lesson learnt for my life:)

1 person likes this.
  6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

His and lot many mothers also feel that they're going to live with their son until they depart.. .they dont count your or me existing in their son's life..... They feel exactly as ... why shud the wife be brainwashing HIS son.
    Its a conflict of opinion between DIL n MIL.

Sadly......... indian men have to sail in 2 boats or the warring parties..... and the ultimatum to them to get lost by either is painful.. esp when their sperm has resulted into THEIR offspring as well.

You know he's not strong and thats another reason the marriage is still on... if strong women get married to equally strong headed men... then their mutual differences are more damaging than anything else...
    Not so strong men can tolerate strong women... cos they bore one or many.. as wife and sis in all those years of upbringing.

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Tugga, you've been a very strong lady from what I've read so far and its really good to see you trying to work things out now with your husband.

I agree with Shilpama. Its almost inexplicable, but its something every man might have to face in his life. Especially Indian men. Handling two women - wife and mother, is never easy. What ever the past has taught, one might never be able to pick who deserves the more and who less. Even the most intelligent men would find it hard to settle the differences amicably between them. If your husband were in his normal state, he would try too.

But from your posts I understand that he is unable to cope with it and he is just shrinking into this dark place within himself denying himself (if that is possible) the reality of the situation. Guilt could be a major reason.

I agree you are his wife and his present means to a peaceful life. And looks like he is also trying to understand it and slowly make changes, as slow as they may appear. But I would not believe that he would be able to cut his parents off for good, what ever he says and how ever he says it. At most you can live away from them and make sure they stay where they are.

He definitely needs help though. I know everyone's been saying the same thing. And I know from my own experience that its not an easy task getting him to agree to counselling. But any how he needs it.
    Forget about his looks or the changes he's brought upon with all this negative energy. It is hard to see a person being that way after you've seen him in his prime. But he will get back to it all once he gains a bit more confidence.

Now that your child is with your mother, why don't you guys take a trip? A few days away from home and begin it as a fresh chapter. You have done really well reminding him of the good years. And just hold on a little longer and make sure he follows you this time when you go forward with your lives. He might take some time, but am sure he will give it a try soon.

Wish you all the best dear.

8. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Hi Tugga,
    This is the first post of urs that I am reading and I dont know ur past. But, reading the current situation, I see that your H has pretty much realized that the money given by him to his parents trustfully, has not been saved or invested properly. He can't go back and fight with his parents for this and also, it would be very difficult for him to let his parents down in front of you. You shld be happy that he has realized how careless he had been so far and I am sure in future he will trust you for the decisions which you both will take together. I dont think as such there could be any memory loss issue. He is just not able to give up and admit all his faults to you, though he has done it partially. I think his ego is already hurt enough and thats why he is not able to take care of himself well anymore. But, its ur duty now to support him and bring him back to normal. Ur marriage life is more important than money. So, let go the past and plan the future well with ur husband. You have a long way to go and live happily in ur life. All the best !!

9. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Since there are new twists and changes, I prefer to start a new thread with recent developments... Hope Mods will agree to this, else pls merge that with this one:)

10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Tugga, I do not think your husband has forgotten what he did with such a huge amount of money. He is simply hiding the truth from you. I have seen my husband do that several times. He will hide things from me about his parents and sister so that I don't get to know their reality. Yes Indian men are spineless when it comes to making a stand against their parents and siblings. Even if it harms relations with their wives in the long run they wud still choose to hide stuff. You need to accept this reality and be very careful with your hard earned money. It is a real possibility that your mil will move in with you so you need to make sure your husband does not at any cost have access to your accounts.In my opinion your mil is eager to get more money out of you. Be careful. The money they have taken from you earlier is a life changing amount in India. So be firm and do not give in to any ridiculous demands.