1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi girls, I love this thread, though I am blessed to be leaving in a separate home away from In laws, the occasional visits to their house are so irritating.

1. Right from the day of my wedding until today, every day complain about some or the other health issue, all suggestions and doctor visits apparently do not work on them.
    2. In spite of point 1 above, always get the cook to prepare, oily, fatty foods, 5 dishes per day and in excess and store leftovers in fridge and eat them for days together and serve the guests stale food too.
    3. Will perform puja and other religious things for 2-3 hours each day and crib about tiredness, so much work...blah..blah
    4. Speak on phone with daughters for hours together, but always expect son to call them each day even if he is super busy at office
    5. Do not throw old, unused and broken things, will preserve them in top shelves or cupboards and create dirt and invite insects at home.
    6. Torturing house maids and cook everyday, by walking behind them and giving instructions every second, so that they run away to MARS!
    7. Watching TV 24/7/eating/sleeping/speaking on phone(gossiping) and yet complain on tiredness.

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

:yikes::rolleye::hollering: MAY GOD BLESS YOU :nomouth:

3. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

My MIL is very peculiar, she is clean but not tidy.Let me explain, all the vessels and boxes in the kitchen are cleanly washed regularly but they do not have any defined place in the kitchen.Any thing can go anywhere a spoon can go with 5 litre vessel, the lids of steel boxes are over tupperware boxes and viceversa. Whenever we go I am supposed to straight away prepare tea, snacks and plan for food.
    Her joke (worst I should say:rage:) "My DIL first searches vessel, tea powder,sugar,strainer and cups, then.....she lights the stove for tea ha ha ha ha"

4. bravo1809

bravo1809 Bronze IL'ite

OMG I can't stop laughing esp point 9 keep filling water in tea cups and point 14 :roflmao:

5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

I know that pain here..Ditto for point no 5,6 and 7.. Watching TV is still better..but she switches on the darn thing first thing in the morning- like we open windows in the house. And the whole day TV is on. Noone is there to watch it in the living room, but she has to hear all the blah blah of all sas bahu overacting non sense even if she is working in the other rooms. If me or hubby dare to switch the TV off for sometime, all hell breaks loose- she will switch it back again and immediately go to other room to resume her work.:smash2::smash2::smash2:

coffeecups likes this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

And they don't remember and never ask their son about vacation when he was single.

sindmani and RohiniVenkat like this.
  7. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

ROFL...

8. bravo1809

bravo1809 Bronze IL'ite

9. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.. cool replies by ILites

Dishaa likes this.
  10. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

I will be reading all the pages of this post, whenever I will get time....