1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this Kolaveri or What??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi4me, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Is this Kolaveri or What??

[JUSTIFY]
    Recently, I came across a song and it resulted into this blog… It’s definitely not that I enjoyed but was embarrassed to listen and to watch the song.

Basically I’m not a serious person………. I do enjoy the funny stuff they show in movies. And yes, I did not found any offense / vulgarity in the song.. “Why this kolaveri Di?”… It was made on humorous note and I enjoyed it.

But I could not stand another song written by the same person… in that he says …

adida avala, udhada avala
    onna suttava urupuda maata”
    :rant:rant

I agree, some of the stuff in movies is just for entertainment sake. But I cannot see these lyrics as fun and leave it aside. It hurts me and it derogates the women folk.. No one is having the right to say these to us… just after this song I could not continue watching the movie.. It was disgusting to me.

The point here is not just with this song alone.. but why it has become a trend to bad mouth girls/ women is being seen as heroism / manliness / mass-appeal….

Does the writer speak / treat his wife, sister & mother in this same manner at home???

I’m not asking men to treat us as Goddesses. But we deserve the respect while speaking in public. One may call his women (it can be sister / girl-friend / wife) whatever he wants to in private when it is acceptable to the person. But need not to denigrate/ disparage us for no reason, even if he is celebrity.

My question is does only girls only betraying guys?? A Big No... (I’m not saying all the girls are good and they never do any harm to guys).. there is a mix of both in our society. Girls do dump boys and boys also do and in the present society there is equal heart break for both genders.

But we never went out and sang like this…..
    “Beat him / Kill him..” .. “He will not go anywhere in life” (of course we gossip like this within our own group of friends) :hide:

If any girl sings like this.. Will you accept??? And people will start labeling the girl.

Not even this song, at many instances in movies the heroes and his group of friends always comments girls, as the only reason for spoiling guy’s life. Making fun is okay but making derogatory remarks is not acceptable to us.

Why the censor-board which is making an issue for even a silly thing that it comes across is not pointing out such lyrics and why it’s being allowed??

Apart from censor, the writer and singer and the actor who acts for those scenes /songs should have some sense on their own, I feel.

And the most important aspect of it is, definitely all the men folk are not like the way they are projecting in movies. Then why these stupid people feel / perceive that such kind of comments on women will attract the crowd?? Is it not wrong?? Are they not sending bad vibes to the younger generation??
    What will be impact on the kids who are just entering into the adolescence??

I do not understand where it will end??

But it is definitely not okay for us.

Remember guys, it will not be looked as being a “cool guy..”tsk
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Good topic on Women's day dear.

I haven't seen the song......but from the lyrics you have hi-lightened, i think its in bad taste.

Yes, the group of people who were instrumental in making the song were men. They would have thought that the short cut to make any song a success is to write meaningless lyrics, bad mouth women......they have followed that......i think song would have been a hit by now!!!!!!!!

I will tell my :my2cents------

---there is a kind of gender discrimination at home level itself......many parents give priority to male child and treat female child as a burden......with time that male child picks up the discrimination notes from parents and experiment it on his sisters, future wife.....cycle goes on.

----we should treat both child equally and teach them to respect each other......when he is thought to respect women at home, he does the same with outsiders.

----i think even good guys will enjoy the song if it has good music.......:bonk:bonk

----after seeing Kolaveri s response with everyone........i think people don't care about lyrics......end of the day they just need some entertainment........

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you for your blog. I am against any song that is derogatory to anyone. I am not sure why you gave exception to Kolaveri song as it does not portray women in good stead either. Moreover that song does not respect either one of the language and promotes mediocrity as a style for younger generation.

Frankly, I am of the opinion that censor board can't take responsibility for such things. It is the audience who need to summarily reject lyrics of this nature and no one would write such lyrics, if it does not sell. I get very agitated when I see people coming out of the theaters showing their right thumb up after seeing a substandard movie. When this madness is going to stop?

Movie making should be an art and should promote good values. I am not suggesting there should not be any villain in the movie but eventual message should be positive. The younger generation should get motivated by seeing movies rather than using that knowledge to learn new techniques to tease women.

4. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

I too Holded place!!!!Dint tell me too!!||why kolaveri 4 u

5. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

You are right Pallavi but nothing can be done other than ignoring such nonsense songs..I have decided not to promote their business/films by watching their movies in theatre. They are not really worth for the money we spending!!

6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Well done Pallavi!!! you are 100% correct! As, a women we never and ever talk about men or guys in public! Then why this Kollaveri?????To day we are celebrating Inter national Wonens day and You gave a good topic about how women are treated in the Public!! But you know.. about our society!.They never realize about their mistake.Just ignore them and never watch such type of movies.Sorry to say that.

7. Pallavi4me

Dear mums thanks for sharing your views too on this and that too by holding the place. :)

I'm not sure whether the song is a hit or not!! But definetly not of good taste. I think this has been made before, Kolaveri. But m not sure about this too.

And what you said is right, if one learns to respect woman at home level, he will follow that outside too. And I think now-a-days the gender discrimination is not as much as it used to be earlier.

I too agree one needs an entertainment but these kind of stuff cannnot be considered as entertainment.

And once again Thanks for joining with your views on this

8. Pallavi4me

Viswamitra sir,

Thanks for continuous support to the blog space. Your words of encouragement always motivating & helping me.

For Kolaveri song, since that being the 1st song I heard in a funny manner, I took right and didnt considered seriously. Ofcourse, your point is right, that does not respect any single language.

And I also feel like as you said, we the audience should reject such lyrics. I always had this feeling, If people dont encourage or go gaga about a stupid song then they will also stop making such songs. There is always problem lying with us, the society in developing such culture.

And not only these songs, even that sheela, munni & chameli etc.., songs have become a tradition in movies and people are praising all those. Personally, I feel so bad even to talk & listen to those songs. I feel embarassed watching / listening to those songs in public places where I dont have an option to switch it off.

I dont where all this leading our generation. Finally, I feel it is only upto each individual's choice & conscience.

9. Pallavi4me

Nihasvin,
    Thank you for joining me in this post too.

Even, I felt glad I have nt watched this movie after watching this sone. And yes they are not worth the money we spend.

10. Pallavi4me

Thank you suryakala for coming in and for joining in my voice.

Yes, I feel the same, Why you guys being heroes bad mouth women, while we are not doing it. Dont we deserve the respect?? Ofcourse, we deserve the respect but it does nt matter whether such fellows respects us or not!!!

And you need not to be sorry for saying not to watch such creatures movies. I'm practicing the same now. :thumbsup