1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any ill effects of cardamom?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by redbird1, Aug 1, 2012.

1. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My first post in healthy food and living. My 2 yr old DS doesnt take fruits, as he doesnt like the smell of fruits.

I mix a cardamom in apple and carrot and give it to him, he thinks its sweet paste and finishes.

My fear is I use a cardamom in his fruit paste daily, does it have any ill effect on his health?

2. menuvenki

menuvenki Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Cardamom is good for health.
    Cardamom has been used traditionally for a variety of conditions including as a digestive, carminative, stimulant, breath freshener and aphrodisiac.
    Refer,
    What Does Cardamom Look Like?

by,
    Menu venki

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi too much of anything is bad for health. Any strong smelling spice if taken beyond a limit will give a sluggishness to the brain. I don;t know whether 1 cardamom a day is advisable for a 2 year old kid. Anyway to be on safer side, you powder the cardamom and add just a pinch of it and see whether he has it or not. otherwise, slowly reduce the amount of cardamom you add to fruits. This will make him get used to the smell of the fruit gradually.

4. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for ur replies friends

5. ziesha001

ziesha001 Junior IL'ite

The majority of people who use cardamom as a digestive aid or as a natural food spice do not experience any side effects. Health officials with RxList, an Internet drug index for consumers, note that while cardamom is safe for most users, the side effects of this herbal medicine are unknown. Patients who are concerned about cardamom side effects should discuss any questions they have with a medical professional before beginning to use this medicinal herb.