is PCOD curable? got fear

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrssiva, Dec 29, 2011.

1. mrssiva

mrssiva Silver IL'ite

Hi all..
    I have irregular period and got married 6 months back. Im also in TTC.
    Two years back i checked, Dr said its Polycystic Overies. My family Dr. told that we will start treatment after 6 months(after marriage), Since preganency may done naturally . So we waited and now started consulting .

Sometimes i got worry about this. Is PCOD curable? ​

2. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi Mrssiva

Pcos is not completely curable but with proper diet and medication you can control it. Stress is the worst part in TTC so please be relax.

Sticky Baby dust to you and all TTC friends.

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

i wouldnt say it is completely curable; but you can control it to a great extent.

I was diagonsed with PCOD 2 years ago; but my doctor had started treatment straight away. I was initially on metformin 500 mg (three times daily) and slowly the dosage was increased to 850 mg. I was strict with my diet (less sugar and carbs) and i used to workout an hour daily. Though weight loss was slow initially; but my system was regularising. My periods were more regular and slowly i started losing weight and even my doctor was happy with my results.

I got married in Sep 2011 and conceived the very next month. I was on metformin till i completed my 12 weeks and now i have stopped on my doc's advise...

might start again after delivery

2 people like this.