1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Love the language understood by all?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, Jul 7, 2012.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

There is a saying, "Love is the language understood by all". However, sometimes, I doubt if it is true.

Recently, I watched a movie based on a tale of a lady "Zubeida". It prompted me to think whether it was just the fictitious story or does it really resemble the lives of many girls in India?

A beautiful girl named Zubeida was full of love and high desires. She wanted to be an actress but her father did not allow her to act even when she created the opportunity for herself.

Zubeida's desire to study further was rejected and she was forced to marry at the early age.

Zubeida did not want to be in the relationship where love and understanding do not exist. But she had to, to make her parents happy. Ultimately, she was divorced by her husband. By that time, Zubeida was a mother of a baby.

Zubeida's family friend introduced her to a King who was dazzled by her beauty and started loving her. The King loved her heartily and was happy to accept her with her baby eventhough his culture was different. Zubeida valued the love, respect, acceptance and the understanding that the King was showing to her and decided to spend her remaining life with him. However, Zubeida's mother insisted her to leave the child for them while she was planning to start her new life with the king. Zubeida compromised her motherhood and left her child with the parents so that he can support them in their old age.

The culture and values in her husband's home were different than her own. Zubeida started struggling to adapt in the new culture. However, she only found unacceptance, humiliation and disrespect for herself.

After 3 years of marriage life, when she found that she is not valued by anybody and she is even not the first priority of her husband, she got the victim of depression and in a moment of hysteria, she behaved crazily and perhaps that became the reason for her accident leading to the death at young age.

Despite several compromises and the readiness to provide unconditional love to others, Zubeida kept craving for love and trust in the relationship. I wonder, how many more Zubeida do live in our society? How many such girls keep struggling for acceptance and care and keep getting disappointment from other side? How many of them ultimately meet the tragic end with the unfulfilled desire of love and respect from others?

Is this a struggle with others or with our ownselves? Many women in the society have created a niche for themselves single-handedly. They did not wait and expected any strong hand to help them or speak good for them. They just believed in themselves. They just had faith in the God and their will-power. They made their life easy for they learnt to love themselves first before loving others. When we value ourselves, we become more capable to give others.

There is a quote, "Measure your day with the seeds you sow not with the harvest you reap". It is important to see that the seeds that we are sowing goes on the "fertile land".

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Truly a good write up Anuradha.

For your title, with started with a question... "Is love the language understood by all?" - I think Its the most difficult emotion in our lives to understand from others perspective.

We often understand, feel and crave for the love to be understood the way we feel it than the way other person sees it. We love ourselves morethan anything else and the interms of love, we expect others to understand and appreciate as we do to ourselves. and that leads to the conflict.

And morethan that we undermine the fact that everyone loves themselves morethan anyone (that is the practicality involved and we tend to oversee it by our filmy versions that one can love other morethan themselves). Hence, the expectations and never ending crave for the feeling "TO BE LOVED" / "TO BE APPRECIATED" is the source of the friction.

And in olden days, men having the easy way out to have many partners and their need to be loved and appreciate / respected being satisifed at different levels at any point of time in life, they never felt left out. And even whatever the modernism we say for, Men having the upper hand in most of cases, they dont feel leftout (Its just in general, but there are some exceptions in them too, who are left out)

But for women, who becomes a secondary grade preference after someone enters into her man's life and it being constant insecure, they suffered a lot, though there are comforts are provided. Hence, in such cases if one doesnt stand for themselves and fail to appreciate it eventually leads to deter the confidence and depression. Women (Indian women) having been taught to consider their own self at last, will either endup as silent /mute sufferers have who suppressed volcanos or weird people at times.

For all this, I feel teach girls to be self sufficient (for that matter even boys) not only financially but emotionally too. And sometimes, I prefer being bold is better than to be a silent sacrifier / sufferer.

Thanks for penning down your thoughts here Anuradha.

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi innerbliss!
    nice write up!
    As for your question , i feel love is a difficult language and is not understood by all , its a language u cant understand unless you learn it.
    The story of zubieda is not really a fictional story, she was the mother of khalid mehmood who was the writer of the movie and is a famous film critic. but they made little modifications in the story to avoid any troubles.

Well personally i feel , we have to be careful about whom we love , there is a saying that the value of uncut diamond is known to only a good jeweler , to other ordinary people it may look like a piece of stone!
    love is also like that, sometimes without knowing we fall in the trap and feel we love the person and let our self be treated badly by the so called people we love but i reality it might not even be love but just emotional dependence!

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

Love is one of the five values every consciousness has inside of us. As we travel closer and closer to our inner consciousness, it manifests with full glow. We have duty and obligation to love fellow beings not because it is beneficial to others but it develops our inner path towards consciousness. Once we find how to unlock the spring of love, it will flow like a river and keep traveling towards the Godhead like a river flowing towards the ocean.

We need to understand the principle that our love towards others is what makes us develop the path towards consciousness and not reciprocation by others that leads us to the divine path. If they reciprocate, they make similar journey. If they don't they take a different route that makes the journey longer and difficult for them. That is why the learned people suggest that the love has to be unconditional.

I look at Sathya, one of the divine values as the treasure inside of us, Dharma, the other divine value as the iron box that houses the treasure, Shanti, another divine value that gives the vision to the treasure, Prema, yet another divine value that gives the key to the iron box that leads to the treasure, and lastly Ahimsa, the last divine value that gives the security cover for the treasure.

Love as thought is Truth, Love as action is Righteousness, Love as feeling is Peace and Love as understanding is Non-Violence. Love is selflessness and selfishness is without love. Love gives and forgives and selfishness gets and forgets.

Viswa

5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Pallavi,

Thank you for your kind words and indepth feedback.

Truly Love is the most important emotion in our lives to understand from others perspective.

It really makes sense that we want other to reflect our love in the same way we do and we want them to see our love in the same way that we see.

I agree that our expectations are the source of the friction many a times.

Yesm Many women do not find themselves secured despite of the great comfortable assets around her.

Yes, if we can identify our needs and if we can cultivate proper understanding and awareness to deal with the needs, we can overcome many of the life issues. If kids learn this lesson at early stage, it may surely help.

Thanks dear once again for your lovelyand precious feedback.
    Love,
    Anuradha

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you cutemother for your precious feedback.

Wow! That makes sense. Learning is important before understanding.

I did not know this. Thanks for sharing dear.

I agree. I liked this saying.

Nice learning these words "Emotional dependence". I would like to know more about the characteristics of this stage from you through one of your blog, a reply to this post or through a private message. I am curious to know more about this.

Thanks once again for your valuable contribution.

Love,
    Anuradha

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thanks Viswa Sir once again for your illuminating feedback.

Okay, so Love has to do with the consciousness and manifestation. Thanks for making me aware about this.

Okay, I think, I need to think on this more about loving others and through that developing/discovering the path towards consciousness. Are the people who are with broken heart, who are depressed or keep struggling to prove their love and gain self-acceptance in the stage of consciousness? What should they do to reach consciuosness and gain happiness with that consciousness?

Maybe, this understanding may prevent people to be proactive with their feelings. Maybe, with this understanding, people would not allow their hearts to get broken by others. Maybe, it is the matter of age, understanding and experience.

Thank you once again for your precious feedback.

Have a great Sunday.

Love,
    Anuradha

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

For this you need to understand the various stages through which you can achieve consciousness. As requested by you, I wrote a blog on "Consciousness" with stages of consciousness.

Viswa