1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It True?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nakshatra1, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Is it true that most DH love their sisters more than their wives? Or am I the only unlucky one?

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

My bro loves his wife more and h don't have any sis.

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

In many cases yes..
    Apart from siblings, my husband has lot of affection even for his cousin sisters...if I make a single comment against any of them he gets so angry!!!:-(
    one of my uncle is not like that..he is smart..he gives maximum attention to his wife and kids..parents and siblings as last priority only.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Maybe half / half !

Know people who loves their birth family, parents / siblings, n sees their own spouse n kids secondary or as enemies.

N also the one who loves their spouse n kids more than their parents or siblings.

This applies to both men n women.

If one learns to balance this, things will get so much better.

sindmani, Dishaa and nandinimithun like this.
  5. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Not necessarily. Many men love their own families more. Only in the initial years of marriage, they overdo the #lovemysister acts, all relationships with siblings reduce with time and age. I think, just to instill a strong position of their family in the eyes of their wife the husbands overdo this act, it could also to spite the wife! Relax.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Not really . The affection between siblings will always be there but it doesn’t mean they all love their siblings more than the wife . Some guys will over do and be extremely protective about their sisters post marriage but some can strike a balance between the wife and sis . By balance means , not letting his siblings take him for a ride with unnecessary demands or gifts and standing up for his wife but also making sure the wife doesn’t belittle his siblings for every little thing . Both sides should have mutual respect and SPACE for each other’s families .

sindmani and nandinimithun like this.
  7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

My father loved his sisters n they r worthless one is no more n second still worst .. bcz my dad supported his sisters they only troubled my mom they would not dare to other 2 bro wife's ..
    u should be lucky to have or get that kind of love from your bro..
    my bro is fine I don't have a word lesser then that or I would..
    but I would say bro should love their sis but sis should know where to stand ..

Dishaa likes this.
  8. nakshatra1

I don't know how a person can love his own kids less than his siblings... pathetic.

9. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My father prioritized my Mom, myself and my sister over all so we didn't faced much issues related to this.
    Whereas, my FIL always prioritized his sisters over MIL, and it continued till my Dh and SIL started defending her as a result the gap between the kids and father effected.

It becomes very complicated for husband/brother/son as one of them are they are his parents and siblings (whom he has spent his first part of life) and second his wife (a new comer in his life) and kids (whom he will be spending his rest of life).

My personal opinion is families which includes parents, siblings and wife should respect each other and know where they stand.

10. nakshatra1

Can't force a man to prioritise his wife but he definitely should prioritise his kids. It can't be compared with the criteria that with whom he spent more time. He is responsible for bringing the kids into this world, it's his job to give them utmost priority over his siblings. He is not much responsible for his siblings that way because he is not their parent.
    I'm not just saying about financial responsibility only, but defending them and other emotional responsibility as well.I mean just enacting your responsibilities dryly while in your heart you are more concerned /caring for your siblings is strange. He must always choose his kids first. I don't think his sister will ever prioritise him over her husband/kids.. so I think such men are pathetic who have any confusion.

sindmani, Dishaa and MonikaSG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.