Is it safe to use Shatavari Kalpa during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jyoti29, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jyoti29

jyoti29 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone here used Shatavari Kalpa during pregnancy, is it safe and how much quantity should it be used.

thank you so much in advance.

Jyoti

2. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

Hi jyothi..congrats fr ur pregnancy
    i dont knw am ttc but in net i found a website....In my point of view its just for producing milk ...si u can take after delivery also..better to ask aruyveda doc.I wil ask my frnd and tell u ok
    In a site i found the following contents

Breast Milk is the best gift from mother to child. Research has proved that health of child is dependent on the quality as well as quantity of the lactation milk infant gets from his mother. Ayurveda, the science of life has given in it's treasure natural herbs which not only increases the quantity of breast milk but also it enhances the quality of milk. Shatavari-M Kalpa is a special formulation developed for lactating mothers. It's advisable to start intake of this kalpa from pregnancy. It's also advised for nursing mothers improving immunity and health of the infant. The Shatavari i.e. Asparagus racemous is well-known as tonic and for lactation milk. Guduchi is another important content of this formula which improves immunity of mother as well as child being feeded.
    Combined action of contents :
    Best tonic for pregnant women, useful after delivery.
    Useful for increasing immunity of mother as well as infant.
    Also cures Matru Stanyadosha (Disorders related to Lactation).

Indications :
    General debility, fatigue.
    Stanyadosha (Disorders related to Lactation)

Dosage :
    1tsp to 2 tsp in the morning & evening along with milk or as directed by physician

Packing :
    100 gm., 200 gm., 500 gm., 1 kg.

1 person likes this.
  3. jyoti29

jyoti29 New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    Thanks for replying.
    Sorry to say I am not pregnant now, I had a miscarriage in my third month. I had used shatavari while ttc but after conception my doctor asked me to stop using it. However I heard some women using it in their pregnancies, as its healthy in retaining the pregnancy. I was thinking if I would have continued it would it have saved my pregnancy. Shatavari helps in balancing female harmones, it might be helpful for you too if you are trying to concieve.
    I was asked to take one teaspoon of shatavari kalpa with milk before going to bed. I really felt very nice using it.
    I wanted to know if some ladies have used shatavari kalpa during their entire pregnancy and did it benefit them.

4. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I did use shatavari kalp during my pregnancy. Ayurvedic doc approved this. I started using it around the sixth month as that is when parents had come over and got it for me. I used to take shatavari even after my delivery up until the time I was breastfeeding.

1 person likes this.
  5. vidyasantha12

oh sorry ..me too once had chemical pregnancy...dont think abt past , take rest and try to conceive...am ttc this month ..as am taking duphaston doctor told dont take any other medicine without her suggestion...thnks for ur reply.....pray god to give a healthy baby god bless all...

6. jyoti29

jyoti29 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for the info. How much quantity did you take. Did you take Shatavari with milk. Is it safe during early pregnancy too, Is is okay to take it throughout pregnancy. Dont know why my doctor told me to stop once i am pregnant. :(. I missed only one day and immediatley the same day i felt my body was cold as if nothing is there in me. :( Sorry for the detail. This time i do not want to take a chance and do not want to loose my pregnancy. Thank you so much for replying.

7. jyoti29

jyoti29 New IL'ite

Sorry to hear about you too. Its very frustrating sometimes when u get a positive pregnancy test in result and it does not stay. Thaks for your reply. did your doctor mention to take Ecosprin. Taking progestrone thickens the blood thats why they ask to take it. Hope you are aware of it. Good luck for this month. God bless u too.

8. vidyasantha12

Hi jyothi,
    happy new year..
    I took duphaston last month (docs prescription) but didnt get pregnant..(may be we are not trying continously bcos my dh ws suffering frm fever).I visited doc and she told better to do a scan on 10 th day frm period.my lmp is on 1/1/2012 and going for a scan on 10/1/2012..
    Every ones body condition and problem is different from others, so u pls ask ur doctor whether to take the shatavari kalpa or not....bcos u may be taking sm other medicine also...did ur doctor told any reason for the loss of pregnancy.?..good luck god bless

9. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Jyoti, very sorry to hear about the loss. Please don't think on it too much, Try to live each day and try to conceive after you are physically and mentally ready. Shatavari is very beneficial in pregnancy. It is said to nourish the mother and the foetus. During threatened abortion, it shields the foetus. Ten grams of Shatavari can be taken with warm milk. during pregnancy.

Take care and the gods will definitely help you in your journey towards motherhod.

Geetha

1 person likes this.
  10. jyoti29

jyoti29 New IL'ite

Thank you so much Geetha. Happy New Year to you and Gods blessings for your.