IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent please.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bubblyma12, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

My daughter is travelling to India,from Chicago .Unfortunately her flight is delayed for three hours and she was unable to catch her CHENNAI FLIGHT at Frankfurt. The FRA airport authorities arranged her ticket to the next day.She is held up in Frankfurt airport now and had to stay for 24 hours to catch the next day flight. My worry is ,whether a girl can stay alone in airport.I came to know there is no flight arrivals and departures from 10pm to 5am in Frankfurt.That means the airport won't be busy during 11pm to 4am.I travelled through this transit few times, but my transit duration was only few hours in day time.Any body knew about this airport night stay?
    How do we find whether the passenger is boarded the flight?
    If any body can give the answer please let me know.It is urgent.
    I am so worried.

2. ilovemylife

ilovemylife Bronze IL'ite

Re: IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent ple

In these sort of circumstances she maybe able to get free accomadation arranged by the airlines. If they don't give accomadation I think she will be fine staying in the airport. With all the security cameras, she will be safe. Don't worry! There would be other passengers who are in similar position as your daughter there, she can stay closer to them, so she won't feel isolated.

3. meenaanilkumar

meenaanilkumar Senior IL'ite

Re: IS IT SAFE FOR A 20YEAR GIRL to STAY AT NIGHT IN FRANKFURT AIRPORT?....urgent ple

Staying in Airport is much better than...getting into an hotel... Airport ..always people around..safest place..with all securities. You be relaxed. She will surely enjoy this.

4. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

Hi Bubbly ma!

It is really very safe to stay in the airport. Actually a year back i too in the same situation with my 2 years old son. I was going to mumbai by Egypt air. Because fog in cairo flight itself arrived very delayed in heathrow airport. Flight timing in london heathrow is 1400 hrs but the flight started only in 1700 three hours delay. So, I missed my flight in cairo. Pity thing was only 3 flights a week are there to mumbai.

So, There is no other connecting flight for me from cairo to mumbai. Then the airport authorities arranged for the other connection. That is next day morning 9.30am from cairto to dubai. From dubai it is night flight to mumbai which was at 2300 in dubai local time. I stayed with my 2 year old son in cairo airport for more than 10 hrs and in dubai airport was 7 hrs. Its really very odd time. Even if want to go for the washroom also I need somebody help to take care of my kid and hand baggage. I am really lucky, there are some copassengers, they really helped me a lot. Somehow my LO cooperated with me and we overcome the situation. In the both airport i was only in the airport. It is really safe to stay in the airport.

She can have the airport lounge facility. So, dont worry if any copassenger is there ask her to take their help without shy. Always people will be there. Who is coming to catch their flights. So, somebody will be there. So dont worry, she is really have good experience.

You please be cool and relaxed.

5. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Dont worry. Personally just been to Frankfurt airport once while waiting for a connecting flight, but as long as she is within the premises and does not go out of the airport through any security points she should be good. Dont worry, your daughter will be able to handle things well. As parents we tend to worry a lot.

6. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

Thankyou vidyabharath,superwoman09,meenaanilkumar,ilovemylife!
    As s mother my day was restless with lots of worries.My daughter called me from airport phone facility, (unfortunately her mobile stopped working without charge).she said she spent the night nearest to her gate.It seems, two more European families were also there.I am relaxed after her call.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  7. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

HI Bubblyma!

Its really nice to hear that your daughter reached safely. I agree as a mother it would be very tension day for you. Even if i am there in this situation. I will be reacted like that only. I always have the believe that the Prayers of mom only protects their children from all the situation.

Cheers
    vidyabharath

8. Bubblyma12

Bubblyma12 New IL'ite

you are right,children are our life and our prayers are their life.
    The next day my daughter was able to get her Chennai flight and luckily her luggage also arrived in the same flight.Thank you friends for your moral support.

9. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bubblyma

Glad that you daughter reached back safely, Elders are worried but our prayers will keep them safe and confident. Happy that you came back to give the feedback, Do drop in and enjoy being in IL family. Best wishes...

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Her flight was delayed. Some of the passengers might have missed their flight like her no?

Though your daughter is on the next flight, it made me thinking.

She is 20 years old. Let her be independent. There is more she needs to face in life going forward, a marriage, a new family and all drama that comes with it. Also work and its pressure. You need to there to guide her, but let her be herself and manage the situation.

Indian parents micromanage their kids and safeguard them at every inch of the kid's life. The kid is suddenly gets pushed to adult life and all the hell breaks loose.