1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Invoking Subtlety From The Challenges

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 26, 2019.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Viswa uncle,

I read this article a couple of days ago but couldn't come back to you as I was focussing on something else.

Thoughts you have penned down here are so much resonating with me. For years, I used to dwell on darker thoughts and I ruminate on them. One fine day I realized this is kind of a sadistic pleasure you get with rumination and in fact, it really kills you emotionally. Since that day, I start being mindful and I try to forcefully change my thoughts to some positivity. I just loved the way you have summarised on what to do in three steps,

Thank you, uncle. This is a brilliant guide.

I simply loved the following as it is an aha moment for me,

I hope and pray while living in this life day to day, trying to be the best possible self you can be, one day I will reach the equanimity to welcome pleasure and pain with open hands and honor them as to how Rumi asked us to do.

Love,
    Vani

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anusha,

I am so happy to be back and thank you for your response to this snippet. Yes. 80% of work I planned were completed when I was in India and I am thrilled about that knowing how hard it is to get things done in India.

Please take your time and read leisurely. Sometimes, age has no relevance to how we learn to achieve equanimity. Everyone has different journey and some face a lot of obstacles up front in life making them stronger to understand the values of such lessons. Pair of opposite (pleasure and pain) is part of life and sooner we learn how to accept pain gracefully and handle pleasure with humility, we become a better human being.

Viswa

Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hi @Viswamitra Sir!
    Welcome back to the snippets :)

This one is an introspective read.
    Loved these lines
    Now I got to view myself from an outsider's perspective to see how much credit or otherwise i take :)

Thanks

4. Viswamitra

My Dearest Vani,

Thank you for your kind response. I have carried a lot of hard feelings in my heart for a fairly long period of time without knowing that it has no value for me. Emotions are like electricity and these thoughts carry them like a cable. Stronger the cable is, it takes more power and whenever we dwell into those thoughts, we experience unmanageable shock.

Equanimity becomes part of our lives once we let go the grip that we are the doers. It is a trip towards ego dissolution reconciling to the facts of life. Once we don't pay attention to the pain and pleasure and instead pay attention to the processes through which such experiences occur, we begin to understand what is unfolding in our lives. It is a journey through which we begin to understand our purpose.

Viswa

girvani likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Hi @Afresh,

I really enjoy reading your screen name so much. I am so happy to be back among the friends here. Yes. Watching the process reveals a lot more about our life than our own personality. Instead of paying way too much attention to what my ability to handle things is, I am better of watching the events unfolding to learn what is in store in my life. Personality or what I believe my mental ability is aberration. When we cross the plane of our mental limitation, the whole purpose of life, why we are here and what we are supposed to do, etc. gets revealed much clearly. Closely studying our experiences determine what our life is or going to be. Experiences are given to us to fulfill our purpose.

Afresh likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

:hello:True indeed.
    Anything hard it breaks easily. Ex ept diamond and die steel.
    Egg & carrot . In hot water one becomes hard and the other softens. Change of state with same heat.....
    Thanks and regards.
    God is same in all States including US.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Very good example, Thyagarajan Sir.

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    I must apologize for the delayed response.
    A deep article, and my response maybe shallow in comparison.

I was thinking about how I handle adversities. Looking back over the years, I have changed a lot.
    Earlier, I used to fret and blame the entire world, then slowly I worked hard on not blaming and succeeded. Yet I would feel sad for days thinking about it.
    The past two-three years however, having faced unimaginable adversities and wondering if I would ever come out of it, I happened to come across Sri Ramanujar's story. Since then I am trying to tell myself that "Perumal" intended this to happen, that I should experience this, and so on... Over time, I reach a peaceful acceptance of the inevitable.
    I am still working on it, and it is hard. Hopefully one day I reach that stability of mind.

Afresh and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Kamala,

I am glad you responded to this snippet. I know how systematic and organized thinker you are and your responses would never be shallow.

I am deeply pained to hear that you were facing adversities for the past 2-3 years. The face it never showed up in any of your communications here itself shows how bravely you are facing it. Other than my childhood, I had faced enormous amount of adversities all my life as well. Adversities made me stronger in life and melted my heart to become humbler. Like I said in my snippet, I used to look at how it affected me, how my mind reacted to it, what my family members said about it, what was the purpose of the adversity, etc.

I would like you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you for you to reach that much needed stability of your mind. With your courage and faith, you will reach steady state sooner than later.

kkrish and Afresh like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

It did @Viswamitra . The extremely long gaps (months) between each article in the space series, and errors. Even my last article on asteroids had errors that I failed to notice because my mind was disturbed. It is with tremendous effort that I lasso my thoughts towards completing this series soon.

You have no idea about how many days I have come close to calling it quits with the series. I rebound only because I do not want to leave any job incomplete.

Viswamitra likes this.