Interesting Material To Go Through.........

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Goodgod, Nov 1, 2016.

1. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

""To keep the fish tasting fresh, the Japanese fishing companies still put the fish in the tanks, *but with a small shark*

The fish are challenged, and hence are constantly on the move.

The challenge they face keeps them alive and fresh!""

New and Optimistic perspective of Our Life challenges, Negative people and obstacles..

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Goodgod and Raniz like this.
  2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

--------------------
    "The Barber Shop"
    --------------------
    "A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber.
    "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! Because people do not look to God for help is why there's so much pain and suffering in the world.""

rai and Raniz like this.
  3. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

4. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

*Long time ago there lived a great king and two beggars who always stood at the gate of his palace everyday*.

As the king rode by everyday, the *1st beggar* would say *'blessed is he whom the king helps'* while the *2nd beggar* would say *'blessed is he whom God helps'.*

The king always felt pleased to hear the praise of the 1st beggar.

One evening the king decided to reward the 1st beggar for all the praise; he ordered his baker to bake a cake and *wrap precious stones inside the cake.*

The next day as he rode by, he gave the cake to the 1st beggar as he hailed him as usual.

The 1st beggar who was in dire need of cash sold the cake to the 2nd beggar at a cheap price.

When the 2nd beggar cut open the cake he saw the precious stones, sold them and became a wealthy man.

He did not return back to the kings gate the next day.

As the king rode out of his palace the next day, he saw the 1st beggar still asking for alms and stopped to ask him if he ate the cake he gave him.

The 1st beggar replied and said no sir, I sold it to my friend who was here with me yesterday; I have not seen him today.

The king continued his journey, telling everybody he met saying it is true that *blessed is he that God helps.*

Our God is the all knowing God, *HE has not forgotten you.* God always does His work just in time.

*Be blessed and Trust God even when you don't understand His WILL.*

GeetaKashyap and EnlightenedSoul like this.
  5. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

EkAdasi ‘upavAsam’ ....
    This year’s Nobel prize for medicine has gone to a Japanese scientist Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi for his research on autophagy.
    Autophagy means to “self eat”. In other words, the process by which the human body eats it own damaged cells and unused proteins. Autophagy is a natural process and also one which occurs in cases of starvation. The failure of autophagy is one of the main reasons for accumulation of damaged cells which eventually leads to various diseases in the body. Autophagy is important to prevent/fight cancer and also plays a vital role in degrading and ‘consuming’ cells infected by bacteria and viruses.
    We have to observe here that ancient India had recommended a practice of fasting (‘EkAdasi upavAsam’) one day in a fortnight. Many of us religiously follow this practice to this day as a penance for spiritual progress without any idea of the biological and therapeutic benefits of this practice. Through this process of fasting induced autophagy, our body repairs its damaged and degenerated cells or use up the proteins of the damaged cells for its survival.
    Whenever modern science conquers a frontier in any field, it somehow relates back to a quaint spiritual practice followed in India for generations.
    A day in a fortnight spent in prayer and divine contemplation was a tonic for the mind and soul while the practice of fasting ensured that the body would heal and rejuvenate itself.
    Clearly, our ancients believed in a process of holistic healing of both the body and the mind. They were able to connect, quite remarkably, the yearning for spiritual progress in a human being with the biological necessity of the human body. We cannot but marvel and bow our heads with admiration and reverence at their wisdom and deep scientific understanding of the body and the mind.

6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Mother is flying a kite.
    Her son is watching her carefully.

After some time son says "mom.
    Because of the string the kite is not able to go any further higher.

"Hearing this, the mother smiles and breaks the string.
    The kite goes higher and then shortly after that,
    it comes and falls on the ground.

The child is very dejected and sad.

The mother sits next to him and calmly explains:
    "Son, in life we reach a certain level and then we feel that there are certain things that are not letting us grow any further like Home, Family, Friends, Culture etc.

We feel we want to be free from those strings which we believe are stopping us from going higher.

But, remember son."That our home , family, friends and culture are the things that will help us stay stable at the high heights .

If we try to break away from those strings our condition will be similar to the kite."we'll fall down soon..

7. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

Worth read ( 2mins)

"Mom, I am a genetic scientist. I am working in the US on the evolution of man. Theory of evolution, Charles Darwin, have you heard of him? " Vasu asked.

His Mother sat down next to him and smiled, "I know about Darwin, Vasu. "But Have you heard of Dashavatar? The ten avatars of Vishnu?"

Vasu replied in no.

"Then let me tell you what you and Mr. Darwin don't know.
    Listen carefully-

The first avatar was the Matsya avatar, it means the fish. That is because life began in the water. Is that not right?" Vasu began to listen with a little more attention.

"Then came the Kurma Avatar, which means the tortoise, because life moved from the water to the land. The amphibian. So the Tortoise denoted the evolution from sea to land.

Third was the Varaha, the wild boar, which meant the wild animals with not much intellect, you call them the Dinosaurs, correct? " Vasu nodded wide eyed.

"The fourth avatar was the Narasimha avatar, half man and half animal, the evolution from wild animals to intelligent beings.

Fifth the Waman avatar, the midget or dwarf, who could grow really tall. Do you know why that is? Cause there were two kinds of humans, Homo Erectus and the Homo Sapiens and Homo Sapiens won that battle." Vasu could see that his Mother was in full flow and he was stupefied.

"The Sixth avatar was Parshuram, the man who wielded the axe, the man who was a cave and forest dweller. Angry, and not social.

The seventh avatar was Ram, the first thinking social being, who laid out the laws of society and the basis of all relationships.

The Eighth avatar was Balarama, a true farmer showed value of agriculture in the life

The Ninth avatar was Krishna, the statesman, the politician, the lover who played the game of society and taught how to live and thrive in the social structure.

And finally, my boy, will come Kalki, the man you are working on. The man who will be genetically supreme."

Vasu looked at his Mother speechless. "This is amazing Mom, how did you.. This makes sense!"

"Yes it does Vasu! We Indians knew some amazing things just didnt know how to pass it on scientifically. So made them into mythological stories. Mythology makes sense. Its just the way you look at it - Religious or Scientific. Your call.

8. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

20170109_104217.png This is the Spiritual Significance of the Divine Picture.

EnlightenedSoul likes this.
  9. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

10. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Teach me to forgive

One day a while back, a man, his heart heavy with grief, was walking in the woods. As he thought about his life this day, he knew many things were not right. He thought about those who had lied about him back when he had a job.

His thoughts turned to those who had stolen his things and cheated him. He remembered family that had passed on. His mind turned to the illness he had that no one could cure. His very soul was filled with anger, resentment and frustration.

Standing there this day, searching for answers he could not find, knowing all else had failed him, he knelt at the base of an old oak tree to seek the one he knew would always be there, and with tears in his eyes, he prayed

"Lord - You have done wonderful things for me in this life. You have told me to do many things for you, and I happily obeyed.

Today, you have told me to forgive. I am sad, Lord, because I cannot. I don't know how. It is not fair Lord. I didn't deserve these wrongs that were done against me and I shouldn't have to forgive. As perfect as your way is Lord, this one thing I cannot do, for I don't know how to forgive. My anger is so deep Lord, I fear I may not hear you, but I pray that you teach me to do this one thing I cannot do - Teach me To Forgive."

As he knelt there in the quiet shade of that old oak tree, he felt something fall onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes. Out of the corner of one eye, he saw something red on his shirt. He could not turn to see what it was because where the oak tree had been was a large square piece of wood in the ground. He raised his head and saw two feet held to the wood with a large spike through them. He raised his head more, and tears came to his eyes as he saw Jesus hanging on a cross. He saw spikes in His hands, a gash in His side, a torn and battered body, deep thorns sunk into His head.

Finally he saw the suffering and pain on His precious face. As their eyes met, the man's tears turned to sobbing, and Jesus began to speak.

"Have you ever told a lie, He asked?" The man answered, "Yes, Lord."

"Have you ever been given too much change and kept it?" The man answered, "Yes, Lord." And the man sobbed more and more.

"Have you ever taken something from work that wasn't yours," Jesus asked? And the man answered, "Yes, Lord."

"Have you ever sworn, using my Father's name in vain?" The man, crying now, answered, "Yes, Lord."

As Jesus asked many more times, "Have you ever"? The man's crying became uncontrollable, for he could only answer, "Yes, Lord."

Then Jesus turned His head from one side to the other, and the man felt something fall on his other shoulder. He looked and saw that it was the blood of Jesus. When he looked back up, his eyes met those of Jesus, and there was a look of love the man had never seen or known before. Jesus said, "I didn't deserve this either, but I forgive you."

It may be hard to see how you're going to get through something. But, when
    you look back in life, you realize how true this statement is...
    "If God brings you to it... He will bring you through it."

EnlightenedSoul likes this.