insurance policy and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Sharjah' started by mybaby1, Feb 22, 2012.

1. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am residing at ajman and our office is at sharjah butina. We were willing to take a medical policy as we will be planning our second kid after sometime.My son is right now 11 mnths. in my first pregnancy we beared all the expenses and got the delivery done in india.
    I would like to know from you ladies that do you had any good medical policy which covers pregnancy expenses and the newborn expenses also pls suggest some.and did you get your delivery here in uae(sharjah, ajman, dubai)? if yes where and how was the experience.
    pls suggest.:bonk

Thanks in advance.

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey mybaby1...

i am yet to experience delivery in uae; but my cousins (who have had their baby#1 in india and baby#2 here- a couple of them infact) seems to highly recommend uae as to have the babies delivered here. One of them told me that; the comfort level for her was much better here and she feels the care she got from the staff here was uncomparable to the ones she received in india (though she was in a premium hospital for her baby#1)...

one of their baby was close to 90 percent tongue tied and the doctors here detected that within one hour of the birth of the baby, she says that wouldnt have happened if she was in india. but then again i am sure that everyone would be having their own views on that.

my cousins have had their babies in zulekha in dubai and gmc in ajman and some in abu dhabi

Coming to the insurance; if you already have insurance (maybe from your husband's company or such)- it will be much better to attach maternity to it and it wont cost you much- say about AED 2-3k...

If you are taking a fresh insurance with maternity (and you are not pregnant at the time of applying for the policy)- you will get it for about AED 6k-8k. But then it will not cover the cost of the new born baby- for your baby, you will have to get a fresh policy (that is the rule here and you can apply for that only after you get the visa and passport done for him/her after a few days of birth)

3. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

hi sitharaj,

Thanks for the early reply.its really helpful to me. good to know about the GMC ajman as i got my prenatals during my first pregnancy their itself.Right now i am not pregnant and i have seen that policies do not entertain already pregnant ladies as i enquired during my last pregnancy and my husband is also working on his own so no company insurance :(.

can you pls ask about the expenses your cousin had to make in gmc ajman(gross) in cse of normal or caesarian both. just for an idea..

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

well i guess now, ADNIC, DAMAN and ALICO will entertain preg ladies for new insurance- but then high premiums- which is actually not worth taking.

I know in GMC, they have packages for normal and c delivery (but that wouldnt be insurance covered) and i understand the once my cousin had opted for was one which was for some AED 3k and that included 4 ob visits, the delivery, stay for a day and one antenatal checkup... all expenses for the baby has to be paid at actuals...

most of the hospitals, even zulekha have packages, which starts from 6k and covers a whole lot of stuff and is very good.. they even offer packages for c sections... however i am not aware of csec in gmc, nor my cousin...