1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ingenious Dream...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

I am a little confused as I start over here. Not the first time that it has happened . I am caught up between wanting to pen a poem and writing a snippet.

When you hit the bed in the night, actually during the day too if time permits, slowly and eventually we all drift off to sleep. Now wondering what’s new about it, common sense you say. OK coming to the point – Dreams!!! We all end up dreaming, first it’s REM (rapid eye movement) followed by actual dreams.

Not trying to be Sigmund Freud here to interpret dreams. But one hilarious dream that I dreamt so creatively prompts me to write about it. Events and conversations of the day definitely have an impact isn’t it? It was just another day, and my DH who loves to tutor and humor me by sharing a piece of his mind and knowledge started a conversation about ‘earthquakes’ :rolleyes: LOL. Please don’t be mistaken that I am married to a Seismologist. Lucky me he is not one:p, we have our share of tremors and aftershocks that keeps life thrilling though :banana:.

So thus started the conversation of countries prone to quakes, blah blah blah. After all was said and done, sleep time was around the corner. It’s a practice for me now unlike before to disconnect Wi-Fi on the phone in the night. There is an interesting reason for that, when I wake up in between after a couple of hours I switch it on again :lol:. It’s kinda exciting getting messages from friends and family on what’s app, reading the news headlines etc etc (courtesy: time zone difference). Sounds funny isn’t it, well so be it. So there I woke up around 3 am to find pictures of my second nephew who is a month old. After a good couple of minutes I drifted off to sleep again.

Now begins my dream story, my introduction was more than I expected it to be. I was at home with my DH, parents, brother & his family. I can’t recall the conversation thank god for it, just know I was happily playing around with my two lovely little nephews. During the course of my dream I suddenly heard a rumbling noise, the floor shook under my feet LOL. Not too hard to guess right ?Earthquake :DIn an instant I remember holding my mom’s hand and dragging her out of the house as the rumbling noise grew louder. I then leave my mom outside and knowing that she is safe I go back inside in a hurry. I’m all heroic at that moment alright :grinning-smiley-048:, running and trying to taking the stairs two at a time . Any guesses why I went in again??? Imagine the sounds, floor movement et all.

Here comes the climax of my dream now. I go inside my house only to look for my phone!!! I bring it back safe and sound (THE END) :roflmao:. The house was empty when I went in, glad the others got out. Can there be a logical explanation to that ending now?? Not that I care :). The twist and thrill to my dream was running back for the phone. Wonder what my DH would have to say about this:thinking:. Good that I got it back. Who knows another day another dream; courtesy my phone :p.

Rajeni, periamma, Doree and 1 other person like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha humorous one scorps :):):)

i did guess y u ran in but u missed dreaming taking a selfie in a tremor :):):)

periamma and Scorpio707 like this.
  3. Scorpio707

Hey GG,

LOL :lol: selfie !!! I'm not a selfie craze in real time so you see possibility of that in a dream ;) . So you guessed why I ran inside, hmmm. Scorpio instincts :cool:

GoogleGlass likes this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

lol

"the real voyage of dreamy discovery consists not in seeking new dreams but hearing new stories"

Scorpio707 likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Meenu! Ran back in for a phone? Wow! Tell you what I get a lot of flak for keeping my phone away from me. The phone stays by me only when I am away from my family and at home is not even charged. DH wants me to change my phone but I couldn't careless and God knows how many times I have dropped, it has survived. Anyways, I have to give to you all that excitement about receiving messages and you wake up to read. How cute.

Enjoyed reading about your dream. Seems like it had all the ingredients of your day, that day. Keep writing girl!

Scorpio707 likes this.
  6. Scorpio707

Dreams can be funny isn't it :) . You are poles apart from me on this one Sabitha ;), my phone is forever charged LOL. I attribute my bonding to the phone because of the type of work I was in, just one of excuses you can say :p

Glad you stopped by to read. Thank you.

Srama likes this.
  7. Doree

Doree Platinum IL'ite

Nice Dream. Its like a movie.. only that you dont direct it and play your part well. hilarious when read about running in back for the phone. For many its like a sixth finger. Enjoyed reading your snippet.

Scorpio707 likes this.
  8. Scorpio707

Thanks Doree. Glad you liked it. Never thought my post would relate to a movie :lol:, nice to know.

Doree likes this.
  9. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Nice one Scorpio!
    Ok, let me confess, with all the heroic effect, I thought you went back for your nephew (blame it on the movies I watch) :facepalm:

@GoogleGlass As I said, you are becoming precognitive! :eek:

GoogleGlass and Scorpio707 like this.
  10. kavithas2217

kavithas2217 Bronze IL'ite

hahaha...funny...these days we are so much hooked onto our phones that in dreams too we cant survive without it :p

Scorpio707 likes this.