1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Info regarding using Diapers for new borns

Discussion in 'Infants' started by manasa_gs, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Manasa,
    I've heard bout those diapers from Naidu hall. I bought few from Just Born and Born Babies and found that they leak at times :rant. So just wanted to check if the Naidu hall ones are similar. It will save my time and money.

2. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

godschild, here are the pics you asked. thing is these are not 100% leak-proof, but they are way better than langots. i get one size bigger and make the saree insert very thick, so that it holds better than a thin one. and the bigger size accommodates the bulky insert. but the issue comes when these LO's have watery stools... but somehow i have managed so far.

@manasa, glad to be of any help. it gets tough when you have a kid and whatever help one gets, matters a lot. :)

Attached Files:

3. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hey thanks a lot Amba :)
    Will buy a few of them and try if it works out. Hope the Naidu hall at Anna nagar has these.
    How much do these cost?

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hey thanks a lot Amba :)
    Will buy a few of them and try if it works out. Hope the Naidu hall at Anna nagar has these.
    How much do these cost?

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

6. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hey Pon,

Started reading those mammoth threads on CDs.
    Btw did you finally stitch one?
    And how were the Bannari Amman CDs.

7. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

godschild, the size i posted here is Xl, and it cost me rs.105 a piece(tinycare brand) @ bornbabies, velachery. i know a shop at alwarpet, mama and babe. i think they sell it a bit less. you can get their number from the site and call and ask. they are very helpful people. i also had a look at the BAM diapers in that shop. it has a cloth(i dont know the exact material) inner lining and i felt that washing it would be a big task. the plastic lining diapers are so easy to wash. the poop does not stick much and i just hold it under running water and its gone. with cloth, there are stains and it takes more time to wash. also, initially i used to handwash these diapers, now i put them in the washing machine. only prob is after some washes, the velcro gets rough on the outside and my DH finds it difficult to carry LO cos it scratches DH if he is not wearing a shirt. for me, there are no issues. again, the holders for the inserts tend to come off, but if you use reasonably longer inserts, there is no dependence on the holders. these are the known issues with these diapers.

manasa, i wanted to tell you about this shop i referred to earlier. you can call them and talk. they home delivered(rather hospital delivered) all the basic stuff (baby langots, baby sweater, receiving blanket, BAM quick dry sheets, booties, feeding bra and more) as soon as i informed them about the delivery. you can check with them if they could do it for you. it is a big relief. you may want to visit them once. they have branches in nungambakkam and anna nagar too. and something more from personal experience, if you get the time, get the book titled "Pregnancy" by Nutan Pandit. This helped me a lot during my pregnancy and after. There are a set of exercises to be done after birth(from day1) and these really help. i have done those and the results are very good. it helps you get back to shape really early. from diapers to exercises, but i thought this might help.

happy new year to you all. and happy to be of any help :)

8. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

I live in Mumbai & use disposable diapers from day 1. Baby is now 3 months. No rash change diaper every 2-3 hours in day & when baby wakes up at night.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am not a young mother, but I would like to share my views, if you please. I see that many of the people from outside India ask about toilet training for their babis. It is difficult for them to potty train the babies. Because of the climate, they are using diapers and so the baby is not able to indicate if it wants to pee or poo. I had trained my son in both these by the time he was 1 and a half years. Mother has to be patient, lose sleep and sacrifice so many things to bring up the baby in a good way.
    One of my neighbour's daughter has trained her 1 year old already. I was with her for a week fully and never did the baby pee once outside. She took him to the toilet often inspite of her busy schedule (she has a 4 year old also).
    this shows that using cotton diapers or nappies will make the baby toilet trained without any effort. And when I see some babies walk with their feel apart, I just have blood in my eyes. Let the child grow naturally. Is it not your duty and joy to wake up at night to change the diaper for the baby? Enjoy taking care of your baby don't think that you are sleepless- all these are for the initial 2 years only.This is how all the mothers take care of their babies.

10. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hey Amba.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I do agree that plastic diapers are easy to wash but am personally not comfortable with using a plastic inner layer for my LO now. The ones i got from just born have a cloth inner and plastic outer. Thanks for letting me know bout the BAM cd. Will try getting one and see if it works.
    Happy new year :)