1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Infant education

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Mythily, Jul 6, 2007.

1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: Info needed abt Infant education

Regarding teaching the subconscious mind (when the child is asleep), I guess that is called hypnotic learning. :eek:mg:The word "hypnosis" by itself is scaring me...I hear it could cause great damage if not done properly...It calls for a lot of guts to try that on a baby! Do we really need our babies to become "child prodigies" that way? Doesn't it mean forcing the baby to learn things that it really doesn't need to at that young age...? Sorry if its rude, but my My 2cents

Radhee

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi

I read an article about teaching infants and after extensive research started to teach my daughter using flash cards. She would be completing 6m. just kept showing her the flash cards. she was seeing it. Off late she is more interested in tearing itbonk

I feel if we do it without pressurising the baby and expecting results overnight it would be fine from what i have read on this subject

my My 2cents worth on this ...

3. alien

alien New IL'ite

Hai
    I am new to this forum. I came to know about this infant education. My child is 4 months old and i want to teach him. I am stying in Bangalore. Can any one help me to make this cards for reading.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

5. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Hi,

My child is 3 years old and is it possible to give her some education like this. She is talking and understanding very well but it is very difficult to make her sit and teach.

Regards

Bharathi.R

6. regipil

regipil New IL'ite

Hi lakshmi, Pls tell me the teaching method of Little gems. I've 6 month old baby.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Oh my god!!!!
    Is it for real? I am stumbling this thread for the first time. Teaching infants of 3 months seems so "unreal"?
    Congrats Lakshmi for your super-brain kid.
    B/w radhee did you join it?
    - Nitha

8. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Nitha,

From what I had previously written, I am changing my thoughts about infant education. There really is a system, a system outlined by Dr. Glenn Doman (a neurosurgeon) which works beautifully. It has nothing to do with teaching while sleeping as I had understood before. Dr. Doman's method teaches a baby to read before 3. You can also teach the baby to do math. For more info, I would recommend you read the book "How to teach your baby to read" and "How to teach your baby math" and then proceed. You can PM me your personal email ID, I will send a link to you.

As far as I know, Little Gems claim to follow the Doman's method, but they offer only 250 word cards, which in no way is close to the vocabulary one needs to know for reading a language. Plus they insist upon showing picture cards beforehand (Encyclopedic knowledge) which Doman suggests to be done only after reading and math. I feel they do this because this shows results quickly (a child will be able to recognize many flags, objects sooner than it is able to read or do math), which brings reputation to them. And not all children show interest in physical flash cards. Some will just look away or will only be interested in tearing/chewing them. I feel there are much better ways than opting for Little Gems.

Radhee.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    TharaSach likes this.
  9. Sudha Raj

Sudha Raj New IL'ite

Hi
    My son is 2 months and 16 days old. I am in Coimbatore. I heard about little gems. I felt like teaching my son. If any of you who have already joined can provide me the instruction DVD and paper as I have got the cards from my friend but she does not have the instruction paper and DVD. She bought it before 8 years. Is there any changes in the present methodology and cards from the old one.

Sudha
    :)

10. Sudha Raj

Sudha Raj New IL'ite

Radhee
    My son is 2 month and 16 days old. I am new to this thread. I just want to know which method I could follow to teach my son and when to start it? Which method to follow? How exactly I need to teach?
    Please help me so that I can teach my son without pressurising him and also teach what is needed.......

Love
    Sudha