1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Community - Orange County

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by ahello, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ahello

ahello New IL'ite

Hi,

I am moving to Orange County from North California next week and would be looking for apartments around Orange County.Can anyone please suggest the apartment names where I can easily find Indians and make new friends ?

Regards

2. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hello!

Welcome to OC! Any apartment in Irvine will have a good amount of Indians, but it is costlier than other cities. 92808 zip code has a lot of indians too, Anaheim Hills. Which city were you looking for?

Shobhna

3. ahello

ahello New IL'ite

Hi Thanks for your reply.
    Are there any other areas with Indian community and pouplation apart from Irvine as I have heard Irvine is very costly.Also in Irvine can you name any specific communities/apartments which I should target for India community presence.We guys will be new and looking out for new friends :)

Regards

4. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Anaheim hills has a lot of indians and it is a nice place. The only thing is in Orange County there are not that many indians willing to make friends, they smile at you or stare at you thats all.. making friends here takes a lot of effort I have lived in OC for 3 years and I just made friends this past year. No matter how many indians are in the community it is very difficult to make friends. I see lots of indians in my complex everyday and I never even hear them say hi... the only people who are friendly want us to join amway... Irvine, Anaheim Hills (not Anaheim!), Yorba linda have many indians the good thing about Irvine is that city is really nice and no question about indian community since there are many indians. Anaheim Hills is a little bit cheaper than Irvine and has really nice views, also there is a market called wholesome choice where we can get basic indian grocery in both Anaheim hills and Irvine. Once you get settled I can introduce you to our group we meet up once or twice a month for potlucks, or other events.

Hope this helps.
    Shobhna

1 person likes this.
  5. ahello

ahello New IL'ite

Thanks Shobhna I was in process of relocating so couldn't reply,I am in OC and will be shifting to an apartment soon.Can you please let me know where exactly are you staying in Anaheim Hills or can give me few community names for Anaheim hills which are good.

Regards

6. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

There are only 2 complexes here one is cascades and the other is sycamore canyon, I am living in Sycamore Canyon.

7. ahello

ahello New IL'ite

Thanks,I will check these as well.

8. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Cascades is bigger than sycamore canyon but price is about the same we may shift to cascades im not sure yet.

9. ahello

ahello New IL'ite

Thanks a lot,I checked all apartments Anaheim Hills was too far from workplace so zeroed on Oak Glen Irvine

10. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

i hear oak glen is nice. good luck!