India visa on arrival - URGENT

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by peartree, May 18, 2015.

1. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

They are no longer offering PIO, but the people who have a PIO can still travel on it. The Indian Consulate, Houston website states that due to the fact that many people are finding it tough to convert to OCI, the PIO to OCI compulsion is no longer there. Get a visa for your LO and once you are back you can apply for an OCI. OCI application always takes a minimum of 2 months before you have to give in your passport for match up.

1 person likes this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

There were a few forms that we needed notarized. I don't remember which ones, but they mention it in the checklist.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@chitravivek
    I want to check the instructions about OCI card so I went that site and saw that news..
    what to do? They are playing with people..

1 person likes this.
  4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Yep. We already have applied for the OCI. I guess we were naive to believe that it would come within the stipulated time. We have applied for a visa now. The website says the processing time takes 3-5 days for US Citizens, so hoping to have it by Thursday/Friday next week!

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@lathasv thanks for the link ! its just too frustrating. Dealing with visa and PIO or OCI is just annoying.. Since I already started it I will just get it done with. Hopefully they don't bring something like DCI or ABCI form that may be required for all OCI holder. Avalothan na India pora nenape vituduven.

2 people like this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL @ ABCI form :-D

7. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@chitravivek
    laugh1smileyDci or abci form
    I hadn't start yet so will wait for their further instructions.. Hope for best
    yes it gives frustrating...

8. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi,

For applying OCI they are asking both parents Address proof. I don't have anything. What I should do?

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Aah.... this one we got stumped too! We just gave our title deed that had both our names on it.

But before we found the document, we just decided to give our utility bill that had only my husband's name and a copy of my driver's license attached to it.

10. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

My driving license expired 3 years back. Uff getting American passport is easy than OCI card.

My elder DD Pio card is from Houston, so I need to send the application there. In Houston counslate they are accepting apartment leasing document for address proof.

Now the problem is for my second one I should apply in Chicago. They are not accepting the leasing document.