1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Independence Day Musings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by joylokhi, Aug 13, 2016.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

As independence day draws near, I am automatically drawn to listening to the numerous patriotic songs over the years. There is no taking away the fact that although i have a lot of grouses about the indian way of life in the current years, with traffic issues, pollution, lack of civic sense in people etc, I am proud to be an Indian and the patriotic spirit reaches its pitch to the tune of the songs.
    I am sure many of you would feel the same. Would like to hear your favourites. I am starting with my all time old favourite:
    Chodo kal ke baatein .....Hum hindustani.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Caide likes this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Whenver i think of military , army independence day or republic day this song comes to my mind.. dont know why..

KE GHAR KAB AAOGE from BORDER MOVIE

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Caide . That is a beautiful song, really moving.

Caide likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

i love this song apart from this lots of patriotic movies i like too tango charlie, Hero(though it is under cover spy story i like it), mission kashmir

joylokhi likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

In my school days we had kolam competition in schools and decoration of the class rooms with coloured paper flowers strewn beautifully in different designs.
    Preparations would start a month earlier.We thronged the school at 6 A. M. and 2 hrs were allotted for drawing kolam.The classroom well decorated received a prize worth rs 25/-That was a huge amount in 1950s.I used to keep the plan drawing in my house, which was 2kms away from school.It was a thrill each Independence day to watch girls participate with much enthusism.Since Srirangam girls were adept in drawing kolam, it was a visual feast.When I was in 6th Form( S. S. L. C) our class won the first prize for 'gitopadesham kolam with Krishna, Arjuna on a chariot with horses.It was a strenuous practice for nearly two months allotting each girl with various aspects like chariot, wheels, lord krishna Arjuna and Hanuman on the flag.Practice sessions were conducted in our backyard in the cemented cow shed,Amma used to give bhakshanam to all the girls.Still after 60 long years that kolam stands before my eyes.Unfortunately we had no camera during those days.
    Jayasala 42

curiousgals78, Caide and joylokhi like this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala maam,
    So nice to read of your memorable days of school during these days. Being able to view those kolums now, would have been a treasure. I could almost visualise the enthusiasm of the children as described by you. Thanks for sharing:blush:

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I like most of the patriotic songs . I like Kar Chale Ham Fida Jan o tan Saathiyon Ab Tumhare Hawale Vatan Saathiyon By Mohammad Rafi - Also the song mentioned by Caide

joylokhi and Caide like this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

same pinch :D

joylokhi and iyerviji like this.