Inbox management tips please!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by shalini, Aug 29, 2006.

1. shalini

shalini New IL'ite

Friends,

Just wanted to start a thread for us to share practical tips on how to manage our inbox better. Selfishly, my official inbox is pouring with emails and I could use some help. Any tip that enables you to manage email better would be valuable. Thank you in advance.

Shalini

2. Jaylakshmi

Jaylakshmi New IL'ite

Inbox Tips

Hi Shalini,

The Inbox management more depends on the nature of your job and the kind of e-mails you get I think. However, I can tell you how I manage my inbox. I have seperate folders for every project we deal with and sub folders. For example. Under Project x, I have folders for each version of release. Every version of release will also have sub folders called 'code reviews', 'general', 'meeting minutes' etc. I delete the e-mails that are not important as soon as I read it. If you have too many projects (which is unlikely) you can catagorize them. You can have a folder called 'Completed Projects' and move the completed ones under that etc.

Let me know if I helped atleast a little bit.

Regards
    Jay

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Tips to manage inbox

Hi Shalini,
    Will give you few tips on how i manage.. You have an option to create a PST file. This is called as personal folders and the you can even set passwords for them. You can move all your importanat files into this PST and no one can access them.Plus the benefit is that it does not count in your Mail inbox size. Its a local folder created in any of your systems drives (C: or D:).

If you need help in how to create a PST , please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Aishu

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  4. wfsmurthy

wfsmurthy New IL'ite

I too create .pst for every month rather project so that it doesn't count on inbox size limit. After that I use Google desktop search to search for particular email later if I need them.
    Hope this helps
    Sandhya