1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Laws Entering Your Room

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sani12, Aug 1, 2018.

1. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Very true...
    As you mentioned , I don't know why is DIL considered as a threat.
    She too leaves everything for her son and to live with him.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

You are not a kid - Why do you need permission to meet your family. Much of the problems are self created because people.blindly follow whatever wrong / unjust demand , without thinking right or wrong. It's our duty to take care of parents and in-laws. Neglecting one at cost of other is not good. If u are doing your duty, then live with pride and not as a slave.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Sunshine04 and yellowmango like this.
  3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes I get irritated but won't show up. Sorry. If they have everything in their room why should they unnecessarily come and look around? I don't know why I have much reservation but Iam a kind of person who will not interfere in others matter unnecessarily and also won't like people to poke in me and my stuff. I expect whatever I give others. I can't change my mind..if it is for a genuine reason I don't mind...

4. Outlander

Outlander Bronze IL'ite

I hate it. Then i made sure im clear about boundaries than my husband brother gave a good lecture to FIL that one should not enter into room without proper reason n knock. Actually my husband was lil romantic on that day him and I were laughing joking around as he was about to leave for office. I kissed him and turned around just to see my FIL standing n looking without shy. I was furios and came out n said nobody should enter into room without knock ya i was lil rude though. Sorted. Also once he read my greeting card too which was written for my hubby on his bday.Sometimes they dunno any limits if u teach they will learn.

5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Think of inlaws as your parents and then explain to them nicely. Maybe they are not able to understand ur privacy needs so u can speak nicely. My MIL also comes to my room a lot, I never felt irritated. I just think they are like parents, in this matter. When I want privacy, I lock the door.

Now, it is ur home, so don't hesitate to ask for ur needs. But be nice and polite, don't hurt anyone unnecessarily.

Dishaa likes this.
  6. Desimommy

Desimommy Bronze IL'ite

I have been married 13 years now. When I got married; that used to happen more frequently than now. Back then, we used to live in a single story home. MIL would not only enter our room; but would also mess around with my make up stuff; jewelry while I was away to work. One day when I found my foundation was diluted with water and the other day found nail polish cover was left open. I brought it up with DH and he didn't believe me. Since then I started locking our door. I knew she probably wouldn't like this, but I couldn't confront her either. But felt extremely uncomfortable.

Now we have moved to another house where we sleep upstairs and they downstairs. My MIL now can't walk much; so I don't lock the doors as I know she wouldn't barge into our room for no reason. But I am with you. I don't feel comfortable having them in our room. It also depends how comfortable your relationship is with them.

7. SonyThumma

SonyThumma Senior IL'ite

Yeah, I too get annoyed if inlaws enter our bedroom. I give them their privacy by not going into their room / always knock if really need to enter their room and expect the same.